Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since we're talking about resident evil.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    When I first saw the trailer i was looking forward to it but after beating it 7 times the faults of the game shine through the initial excitment. Don't get me wrong it's lots of fun and the graphics are awesome but it isn't much else, The game had no relevance to the resident evil series what so ever. When I say it didn't feel like a resident evil game i'm not complaining about the change of gameplay style with the chase camera and free aiming, I'm saying the storyline and charcters were worse than DMC 1 (and that's saying something). Take Leon for example, the main character of the game, He first appeared in RE2 as "a rookie cop burning with a need to protect and serve" and he was cool not because of crazy stunts it was because his character was just some average joe with a gun which is what I would be in that situation, he acts the same way I would. In RE4 they made him into some loud-mouth gymnast with Miss-whine-alot Ashley as his sidekick. They removed all the things that made Leon cool initially by giving him a repetouir of crazy stunts and a attitude problem and what's with all the emphasis on the knife? In RE2 the emphasis was on the character and His problems that you have to solve, in RE4 the knife is the face of the game and Leon is just a prop. Thankfully Ada Wong hasn't changed much, she has the right Idea, where Leon draws his knife and has a dramatic Knife fight she simply shoots the knife out of the bad guys hand, that's my girl! But her character in the game is less mysterious than RE2 you can see through her like a glass window. In short RE4 was more about cinematic appeal than being scared out of your wits by freaky Bio weapons and that's what made it a bad game. I give it 4/10 because I still enjoyed blasting whatever those freaky villagers were.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i cant agree more. to put it simply, though a good action game, its not resident evil, if you know what i mean, it you played this along side resi 2 (the best one) they dont compare ,the storyline is sub-par and its true leons gone a ''first blood'' on us. and as much as i want resi5 it appears from the trailer that chris redfeilds gone the same way.

and in resi 6 barry kicks the **** out of bruce lee, mr .t ,chuck norris AND charleton heston,lol.

Undisclosed
    um sorry, but re4 is not just the ****!!! its the best game Ive played in a long time. I have everything done but pro mode (3 times through reg). Replay is great and the bounus stuff is not too shabby! I got done with it for the 3rd time and now I want to play re2 and 3 again. My 3rd ps2 is dead > and with ps3 around the corner I might as well wait. So re2 and 3 on gamecube....sweeeeeet (I love my wavebirds) yeah!!! Thing is they want $40 each at my local eb. Found it online for $24. Other thing is I have them for every system even dreamcast.....blahh. $80 is a good chunk of the next system. Btw NO xbox for me thank you, bills got enough $$$$$$$!!!
    Look behind you!!!