Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since we're talking about resident evil.

Fiji

Question Since we're talking about resident evil.

how was RE4, and is it worth buying?

i've read you can now actually aim your shots, and hit things in the head. does this actually work or to you still have to dump the required amount of rounds into an enermy before they go down, like before?

Undisclosed
    its worth it i dunno about the ps2 version but i have the gamecube one and its the **** hands down. if you havent played it do so its like 20 bucks new now too so youre getting more than your moneys worth. replay value is pretty decent since you will no doubt play it more than once and on different dificulty levels( i suggest playing it on normal first) and to get different weapons and use them on the different enemies and bosses. ive played through it 4 times 2 times on normal and 2 on hard mode and the mercenaries missions are fun to play over and over to see how high you can score.

when the ps2 version hits 20 ill probably buy it too just to see the extra stuf.

head shots work and then again they dont do what you think they might it depends on the weapon you use and how much you upgraded it. it goes without saying a shotgun blast will pop a top but handguns are hit and miss it may take a few shots and with limited ammom you will find yourself aming for legs and kness to knock them down so you can run away .

but there are some amazingly powerful guns that will crack a skull everytime it all depends on the weapons. aiming is tight and somethign they should have done with the series a long time ago. thats why i wish all the earlier resident evil games could be made with re 4's game engine and controlls id love to go through racoon city like that.

Fiji
    cool, and thanks.

i think the PS2 version is out currently, i'll have to check.

Administrator

England
    yes but the PS2 version is crappy to compare, the graphics are no-where near as nice, the gameplay isnt as smooth and its full of glitches that arn't in the gamecube version.

i bought a gamecube especially for resident evil 4 (i have the silver one) and i now own every resident evil game on it

but back to the point, yes you can aim and make headshots, and you can take down enemies faster by hitting them in the head, but the baddies arn't zombies, their smart and fast (ie if your shooting, they wont just walk into your line of fire, they'll find alternate routes to you) so your normally better making legshots.

plus sometimes when you make a headshot later on in the game a annoying bug thing comes out their head and attacks you.

United States
    Andy, you gave away one of the secerets!

Administrator

England
    meh it was a evil secret anyway
    Last edited by Andy; 03-Mar-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Undisclosed
    lol yeah i was trying my best to censor what i put in the post theres too many little things that could kill the overall story if you havent played it before. although i sawa bunch of shows on re 4 before i ever played it and i was still fairly surprised by alot of the game. especially alot of different things with boss battles.

Fiji
    nah, it's cool i know about the parasites. i've been reading up on it on GameFAQs.com.

honestly i'm most intrested in the game play, the RE games' plots have always been kinda thin.

United States
    the game is great beyond great, but that last boss, what a puss

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Fiji
    what's the last boss?

United States
    it's a giant spider-ish thingy with lots of eyeballs, you shoot the eyes on it's legs and then run up and stab it in the main eye, it's easy if you know what your doing.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Fiji
    WTF?

so your fighting Shelob?

alright,....gaaaay

Isle of Man
    I played the PS2 version and have watched people play the Gamecube version and I dont see that much of a difference. Frankly, I would buy the PS2 version simply because it has added bonuses to it. I am not the biggest worshipper of graphics...I can care less if the game is good. Id rather have a solid game with mediocre graphics over a game with all bark and no bite...

...I didnt recognize any glitches in the PS2 version, either...but I never played through the GC version.

Its a great game all around. I was a little reluctant to find out it wasnt the standard RE zombie game, but grew out of that quick. Definately worth picking up.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by idsaluteyoubub
    I played the PS2 version and have watched people play the Gamecube version and I dont see that much of a difference. Frankly, I would buy the PS2 version simply because it has added bonuses to it. I am not the biggest worshipper of graphics...I can care less if the game is good. Id rather have a solid game with mediocre graphics over a game with all bark and no bite...

...I didnt recognize any glitches in the PS2 version, either...but I never played through the GC version.

Its a great game all around. I was a little reluctant to find out it wasnt the standard RE zombie game, but grew out of that quick. Definately worth picking up.

i think that was the majority of the games fans opinions because i wanted a continuation of the story they ended in code veronica and though im still ****ed they left that story up in the air ( although they could make a movie ) ill be glad to see a return to zombie in the RE 5 not to mention more action and a wider selection of weapons.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    its a good game, but honestly ,cold fear seems more like a true resi game than this, roll on resi 5 for the ps3 and 360, FAST ZOMBIES BYATCH!