Thread: 'Zombie Panic! Source' - Any HPotD players here? - Free & sort of like Left 4 Dead!

Administrator

England

'Zombie Panic! Source' - Any HPotD players here? - Free & sort of like Left 4 Dead!

Just discovered this on Steam...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Yes, this is the long awaited Half Life 2 modification. Game looks friggin' awesome.

United States
    This game looks awesome.

Administrator

England
    Started playing it over the weeked, and it's actually quite effective!

Missions are either survival or objective:-
    Survival - The survivors have to kill all the zombies. If a survivor is killed then become a zombie. Zombies have a pool of lives between them which once all used, the survivors have won.
    Objective - The survivors have to complete a mission. If a survivors is killed then become a zombie. Zombies respawn without limits.

If anyone else is playing this we should try and meet up!

The lighting is quite effective, and little things add to it. eg: The more you carry, the slower you are

Useful things:-
    http://www.zombiepanic.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10677
    http://www.zombiepanic.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8068
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If anyone else is playing this we should try and meet up!

The lighting is quite effective, and little things add to it. eg: The more you carry, the slower you are
    I listened to a podacast by the team a ways back and they were talking about how the zombs can pound on windows, smash them and even tumble through them.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I listened to a podacast by the team a ways back and they were talking about how the zombs can pound on windows, smash them and even tumble through them.
    I was playing last night. A group of zombie players happened to all be togethor when gun fire uponed up across the room. A large group of survivors (about 5) had barricaded themselves into a building and a zombie had stumbled into them...

Needless to say all the zombies nearby headed straight the now wide open doors! The survivors just couldn't stop the creatures in time and there were no other exists, so all of them died very quickly.

My only criticism so far are the zombies are a little too fast, and pistols are a little weak against them.

In the survival maps I played, the survivors never won!
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I was playing last night. A group of zombie players happened to all be togethor when gun fire uponed up across the room. A large group of survivors (about 5) had barricaded themselves into a building and a zombie had stumbled into them...

Needless to say all the zombies nearby headed straight the now wide open doors! The survivors just couldn't stop the creatures in time and there were no other exists, so all of them died very quickly.
    It's a shame the zombs can't be shamblers in games nowadays (ala Resident Evil) but what you described there is total zomb game material. Blended with HL2 modifications/handling makes this a L4D beater totally. Methinks I'm gonna have to check this s**t out!

Administrator

England
    It's a shame the zombs can't be shamblers in games nowadays (ala Resident Evil) but what you described there is total zomb game material. Blended with HL2 modifications/handling makes this a L4D beater totally. Methinks I'm gonna have to check this s**t out!
    As a survivor, if you have a gun, a melee weapon and some ammo, you will not be able to out run a zombie! Which is kinda of annoying! Zombies also regen health as well!

But I guess because the zombies are all played by real people they are low in numbers (ie: 1-20odd). So each one has to be a bit more of a threat - faster and more resilient than we'd really like.

Now, if each zombie player moved slightly more slowly, but for each player there were say two bot zombies that followed player controlled zombies (as best they could), you'd tripple the number of zombies!! That could be cool!

Imagine 40-60 zombies coming down the road towards you

The survivors also have a very hard time on the weapons and ammo front too! Short in supply!
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Si Sir.

You are right in all aspects my good man

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    *bump*

Only recently discovered this - my gift copy of HL2 almost started to choke on the dust... Anybody in? In the meantime, there are maps based on various Romero movies, like Night and Day.

Looking fab!

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2...ightb30021.jpg
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/830...ightb30016.jpg
    http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9...ightb30000.jpg
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/861...ightb30018.jpg
    http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6...ightb30006.jpg
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/299...ightb30003.jpg

For a multiplayer game, this can also be quite creepy at times.
    Last edited by Precinct13; 01-Mar-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    The ZPS Survival Guide. Brilliant stuff!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jesus man, it's times like this that i wish i had a nice rig in addition to my consoles. Not so much for the games but p.c. mods are awesome. Nuff said.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"