Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most expensive DVD or Vhs you own.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

Most expensive DVD or Vhs you own.

What the most expensive dvd or vhs you own?

Mine would be these:

House on the edge of the park (Skyline) £170
    Violation of the bitch (Hokushin) £215
    Invasion of the blood farmers (Trash collection) £49.99

Undisclosed
    the most expensive in my collection would have to be in Laser Disc form and either Star Trek Box set...don't remember the price but it was up there or the Godfather trilogy...same thing big box with the films in chronological order...includes some scene not in the originals.

United States
    Dr. Who - The Key to Time complete 6-disc series, followed by the Dawn '68 Ultimate Edition 4-disc set.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Most expensive DVD: Dawn of the Dead Ultimate edition.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    hmm not a movie disk / vhs but its the dawn board game still sealed mint. cost a pretty penny

United States
    Dawn of the Dead Ultimate edition is my most expensive dvd too.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Could people please tell me how much did they cost thanks.

United States
    Band of Brothers
    The Godfather Trilogy

Both costs around $80.00 I think.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

United States
    Puppet Master Complete Box Set.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The complete series of Monty Python's Flying Circus. IT was around 120-140 I believe.

After that would probably be the entire Superman Collection. Came with all the movies, special features, the old Fleischer Cartoons, and all that other good stuff. I think it was about 100 bucks..

Undisclosed
    EVIL DEAD rubber book replica: about $31 cause I thought it would be out of print soon after I bought it and then a year later I could have got both I and II books for that much. I will be pissed about this for awhile. The book isn't worth it anyway. I'd rather have a case with cover art.

I am of the opinion no movie is worth over $10 a piece and that's pushing it. When I first started buying DVDs, I wasn't that way but luckily I've been finding great deals lately along with public domain packs where you get tons of movies for less than a dollar a piece. BTW the new Night 68 disc was on sale at Circuit City for like 4.99 this week.

I think I paid $4 for my House on the Edge of the Park. It came in a Shriek Show 3 pack.

Another gripe I have is soft-matting cause I got a tube TV. I wonder if I would change my mind with a 16x9. Most soft-matted DVDs look like the shots were framed for 1.33 and the black bars suck.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The 5-disc Blade Runner box. Cost me around 80 bucks. The pricetag dropped fast tho, but meh, then it was too late.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    The most expensive vhs I have ever bought is:

School girl in chains (Pre Cert Video) £350

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    The Matrix boxed set, which I acquired for, like, 60 bucks or so.

Super Moderator

UK
    Horrormad? Why, how and where would you spend THAT much money on those flicks?!

I got House on the Edge of the Park years ago on Region 1 for ten or fifteen quid.

Also, as it was brought up, I got the 5-disc Blade Runner (not the one in the case though) for a tenner, wicked-cool.

Most expensive bought - Dawn of the Dead 4-Disc Ultimate Edition, ended up costing me £13 more due to both import duties to pay unexpectedly, and then Royal Mail's costs of keeping it for two sodding weeks before telling me about it. So all-in-all it came to £30-something.

Most expensive owned - The Omen Trilogy, which I won at a film festival. It's apparently out-of-print now, but at the time cost £45 or £50. Three films in this fancy black, hard-cardboard, box with a bunch of stuff inside like the usual, art cards, a frame of film etc.

Mind you, buying the entire X-Files saga (separately) has set me back about £135.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 27-Oct-2008 at 11:09 AM.