Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most expensive DVD or Vhs you own.

Undisclosed
    I've got the OOP Barrel versions of Nekromantik 1 and 2. I paid around 12 dollars each for them and now they can fetch anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars.

I'm definitely a bargain hunter, I think the most I ever dropped on a DVD would be 50 for the Coffin Joe box set.

Dying

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellachris View Post
    I've got the OOP Barrel versions of Nekromantik 1 and 2. I paid around 12 dollars each for them and now they can fetch anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars.
    WOW, that's nice to here. I have Nekromantik, Schramm, The Bukowski Tapes, and Last House On Dead End Street. (all are Barrel releases)

I also have the No Shame release of Almost Human (I love this flick) which I would think is worth a bit since No Shame went under a year or so ago.

United States

Single movie or box set?

If single movie and you are referring to what one paid for it and not its current value, I pay $50 several years ago on Ebay for the first print of ZOMBIE, because it was considered OOP (Out of Print) and I didn't know at the time that MOST movies would be released again, in which this was less than a year later for $10 in stores/online and it was generally the exact same thing with a few changes. (Even the cover was basically the same!)

That ticked me off, but I learned never to do that again!

As for boxed sets, probably each of the original runs of the X-Files for $100 each season, or Star Trek: TNG for the same, with Band of Brothers a close second.

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    If single movie and you are referring to what one paid for it and not its current value, I pay $50 several years ago on Ebay for the first print of ZOMBIE, because it was considered OOP (Out of Print) and I didn't know at the time that MOST movies would be released again, in which this was less than a year later for $10 in stores/online and it was generally the exact same thing with a few changes. (Even the cover was basically the same!)

That ticked me off, but I learned never to do that again!
    When I first started buying DVD's I was burnt a couple times this way. I've made it a rule to never pay more than 50 bucks for any movie. If you are patient and can utilize ebay, half.com, etc, you'll find a deal eventually.

England
    Things like the Complete "Babylon 5" "SG-1", "SG-A" and "Farscape" DVD box sets all cost me around £75-£100 a pop.

Paid for a few £25's or there abouts for DVD sets like "Dawn Ultimate", "Bladerunner 5 disc set in tin" etc.

Looking to replace my complete BSG series DVD's with the Blu-Ray version soon (just got my first Blu Ray player).

Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    The Complete Wrestlemania Anthology. About 300 bucks.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    The Complete Wrestlemania Anthology. About 300 bucks.
    And here I thought I bought bad shit!

United States
    I have a 1985 VHS copy of Night of the Living Dead. I don't know how much that would be though.

United States
    Just guessing based on size and amount of discs, it'd have to be my Evil Dead Ultimate Edition. I also have an original Dawn VHS, back when they were made with some weight in the cassette tape. I could probably back over it with the car and it would survive. No I don't wanna do that.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Canada
    0.01 I refuse to pay for any physical media anymore.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    I also have an original Dawn VHS, back when they were made with some weight in the cassette tape. I could probably back over it with the car and it would survive. No I don't wanna do that.
    I've also got a Dawn VHS that must weigh as much as a baby. It was released shortly after it's theatrical run. I don't feel like digging through my VHS' to find it, but it's got Dawn Of The Dead written on the side in dark green font, the shell case itself is white, and the cover slip in the case is this:

Last edited by MikePizzoff; 19-Nov-2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: duh

United States
    Space 1999 complete series
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 19-Nov-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: edit

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I've also got a Dawn VHS that must weigh as much as a baby. It was released shortly after it's theatrical run. I don't feel like digging through my VHS' to find it, but it's got Dawn Of The Dead written on the side in dark green font, the shell case itself is white, and the cover slip in the case is this:

Yeah I got mine for free actually some time during 1997. I was living in a small town in Texas, had a friend who worked at a mom and pop video store.
    They had a back room full of older stuff that couldn't take up any more space on the shelves so he let me rummage through it all. I found two copies of Dawn. I took the one in better shape of the two.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

United States
    Fulci, your signature with that picture of Fulci reminds me quite a bit of the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World".

I hardly ever buy any DVD's or Blu-Ray's. In fact, I don't ever buy DVD's at all anymore. It seems pointless to by an older format when I can eventually get it on blu-ray.

Just about any movie ever made I want to watch I can "find" to watch (ahem) anyway, so seems silly to spend money on it when it's not necessary.

And I still give the good folks over at Netflix $10 bucks a month to rent as well.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    My most valuable DVDs are probably
    Ed wood
    Last House on a Dead End Street
    Schramm
    Nekromantic 1 & 2