Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommend me good (simple) film editing software...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Or even better... Premiere! Vegas is for imperialist dogs. True men edit in Premiere.
    da comrade, premier is true working mans editor, it drive like iron horse!

- seirosuly though, its real easy to use, the most basic way to use it is just import video and you can then unsynch the sound and video to move it about on the time line as you please and ad fades and titles. if you can grab it and after effects videocopliot.com has great tuorials for easy stuff on there, like having a camera move through a car via rolled down windows but make it look like the windows are still there and its moving right through them. its easy when you get the hang of it. though premier pro is currently losing stock with the indstry in the uk for some reason, maybe because every tom dick and harry can get a copy but it appears final cut is now the standard so hopefully premier pro will drop in price for you
    im using the cs3 masterclass at univeristy and on my delicious top of the range i-mac (suck it beeyotches) at home and ive never touched vegas or avid again

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Like I said... want a stable easy to use editor use Sony Vegas. Want an unstable crashes to the desktop every 5 seconds its put under the smallest of CPU loads, go with Premiere. Want something that works with 100% no issue go to Final Cut Pro.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Like I said... want a stable easy to use editor use Sony Vegas. Want an unstable crashes to the desktop every 5 seconds its put under the smallest of CPU loads, go with Premiere. Want something that works with 100% no issue go to Final Cut Pro.
    Kinda interesting how nobody but you seems to have those experiences with Premiere, DJ...

Premiere works just fine, Neil. Also, in case of a crash (which is quite uncommon, actually) Premiere is the BOMB at salvaging lost materials. Never, ever have I ever lost anything unsaved in Premiere, because the program itself salvages it. Something that cannot be said for any other editing program I've been in.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But Vegas isn't really simple to be honest, or at least far more complex than what Neil is probably needing.
    I find Vegas to be the most intuitive NLE on the market (I've only used FCP and Premiere in Demo versions)

Super easy.

In fact, Neil .... download the DEMO for free and see for you self.

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions if you get stuck.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    I cast my vote for Sony Vegas as well. 8.1 is a very easy to get in to editor that can go toe to toe with Premiere and Final Cut. You can get Vegas Platinum for like $100 at Best Buy. While it's not really geared towards movie making (not enough audio tracks) it's a great starting point.

And Vegas 8.1 64bit works great on Vista, uses all my ram and is smooth as silk.

United States
    I would recommend Vegas also.