Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zombies holding weapons? ew

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I have to say I prefer zombies that don't use any form of weapon (as a weapon that is, by accident is OK). That's why I have to say Romero's zombies aren't my favourite sort, despite them being the classic and 'original' flesh eating zombies. I know it's a huge part of Romero's zombie lore but I'm just not a huge fan of the whole learning and retaining memories aspect of them.

Although I am not a fan of the intelligent zombie angle either but the fact remains that zombies do indeed retain memories from their former lives. Also, from the get go, in the original night, they have used tools. Look no further than hinzman breaking the car window with a rock and a ghoul trying to dreak into the house with an old table leg. But this was in pursuit of food. My problem comes in when they start using tools for other things.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Imo, them all of a sudden being endowed with intelligence and working together spoils my experience much more than them using guns and tools ever could.:
    This is why I did not like Land...period. It was not in the GAR way to make these things smart and able to communicate with each other. And as much as I like Savini in Dawn, his character in Land was horrid. Why did they somehow decide to kill for the sake of killing instead for food? Made the magic all but disappear. It also made the running Z's more reasonable to me. It made them scary again. Its the numbers not the tools or weapons.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Agreed, inter-zombie communication does defeat the whole point (at least for me). Now if WE could talk to THEM... no, that would suck too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    One of the tenets of the mythology is that these beings possess little to no reasoning power. Once that changes they cease to be what captivated us all those years ago.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    One of the tenets of the mythology is that these beings possess little to no reasoning power. Once that changes they cease to be what captivated us all those years ago.

Arrgh! Zombie want revenge on humans! Arrgh! Zombie call meeting with zombie caucus, determine best strategy and how to execute zombie plan, arrgh!!!!!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    President Bub and V.P. Big Daddy have declared an official peace to be made with humans.