Thread: Just got back from New York.. Trip Update

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Just got back from New York.. Trip Update

Well, the Queens Film Fest has come and gone, and I had a pretty good time considering the rainy weather. My First AD, Lonnie Martin and His wife Cindy (Helena) also made the trip, and I was able to finally meet Bunker65, one of the many people here on HPOTD who has been supporting my work.

Did some networking on the trip, finally was able to meet my agent face to face. The guy lives in Cali, I live in MD, so until Saturday we have never met. The nice part about the trip was one of the cast members who moved to NY made it to the screening, and one of the stunt guys, who is from DC, took a bus all the way to NY just to see the film at the festival.

The festival itself was Ok, not very busy, the screening which was at 11:30, wasn't very much attended, I think there were maybe 10 people, which was a shock because they had a stack of envelopes for pre-sold tickets for my show, but those people never showed up to get them. No biggie, we had fun watching it. I know bUnker enjoyed it, he is going to post his thoughts some time soon.

I myself, still found many issues I need to fix. I think I am going to tear apart the last hour of the film and completely re-edit it. I feel it is missing one too many beats. The first 20 minutes are perfect. Great pacing, good movement and cast interaction, then it seems to fall off. I will get it worked out.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just found out something very interesting. I left the Festival before the awards ceremony, and did not know that Deadlands 2: trapped garnered myself a best producer nomination. I literally just found out 5 minutes ago from my agent. While we did not win it was only one of 3 film nominated for the category.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Hey, congratulations on the nomination DJ !! It would have been kind of funny had you won the award & not been there because you had gotten out of Dodge as soon you were able .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    the funny thing is I didn't even ask to have the film in competition, and it is also kind of a bummer because they overlooked the other 2 guys, Chris Kiros and Elias Dancey
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Well, I don't think anyone here would overlook anyone involved in the film. Yes, we know you but kudos to everyone involved in every aspect of the film. I know you are VERY passionate about your film but also know you needed the help of everyone involved . Again, kudos to everyone !!!

United States
    Congrats on the nomination, DJ! Even though you didn't win, they now know you're a contender!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    CORRECTION:

On the QIFF nomination. It seems my agent had it wrong. I spoke with the Festival Organizer today, and it was Best Horror Film that we were Nominated for, not Best producer. We still didn't win... the award went to Red Mist, congrats to the winners.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!