Thread: Deadlands 2: Trapped - the MinionZombie review...

Super Moderator

UK

Deadlands 2: Trapped - the MinionZombie review...

Well chaps, I was lucky enough to get a peek at a screener of the theatrical version of Deadlands 2: Trapped, so why not trot over here...

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/11...2-trapped.html

...and have a read. Enjoy.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well thanks for the kind words there MZ. Glad you dug the flick.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    MZ's review just reinforces my need to see this film as soon as possible...

United States
    Dj said that MZ wanted to be the first to review Deadlands 2: Trapped & lo & behold he does beat me to it !!! Nothing wrong with that since MZ is far more capable of a legitimate review than I & being a filmmaker himself can speak to issues that I'm not really capable of addressing .

Firstly, let me say that it was great meeting DJ in person at the Queens International Film Festival & showing him the support he deserves for his great work !! He's a very fun guy to be around & it's great to see the enthusiasm he has for his work. He was dead tired from this entire run of Deadlands 2: Trapped but was still happy to meet someone from HPotD & treated me as if we've known each other for a long while.

Also, getting to meet DJ's first AD Lonnie & his wife Cindy (Helena) was a pleasure as well. Seeing the film with all of them as well as a few other people that were in the film made it that much more enjoyable. It's easy to wish success on people who are talented but it makes it that much more satifying to wish that success on people who are talented & also good people. I wish them all nothing but success & because of their work I think it will come to them.

On to the film . I really, really enjoyed the film !! You can read MZ's review for the more technical aspects but coming from just a normal everyday fan, the film was a winner.

As with MZ, I was a big pro-ponent of Deadlands: The Rising & this film goes above & beyond DJ's first offereing in every way. It was great to see the progression & can't want to see how much better DJ gets in the future .

MZ wrote of very nice review so you should all read it. I will add my 2 cents in saying that I could find little fault with the film.

I thought the performences by the cast were great with special props to Jim Krut. He played a great "dirtbag" kind of character . I told DJ that I thought the best performace by one of his actors was by the little girl (not sure of her name) !!! 7 years old & she was great !!

As with Deadlands: The Rising, the music in Deadlands 2: Trapped was awesome !! The end credits song was perfect !!

The make up & special effects were outstanding. Those guys from Spaghetti Industries did an excellent, excellent job !!

While not a fan of sprinters, they work well within DJ's films . As with MZ, they are the only sprinter films I really enjoy alot.

I don't know what else to add that I haven't put down or that MZ didn't touch on in his review.

What I can add is that I don't think anyone here will be disappointed in any way by Deadlands 2: Trapped !!! I know I'll be getting is as soon as it's available on DVD & happily adding it to my collection & will be very happy to show it to anyone when showing what a good zombie flick is all about .

Again, I just want to say it was great seeing the screening of Deadlands 2: Trapped & meeting those involved in person. Especially DJ, Lonnie & Cindy.

Wishing much success on them all !!!!

Also DJ, you may want to ask Neil or Andy to move this to a "News Story" so that it will get more views .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey bunker,

thanks for the words on the movie. Yeah i was a bit tired, I even took a nap from 7:00pm until 9:45 and if Lonnie hadn't of called me I would have missed my own screening.

The little girl is Alexa Davidson, her father Josh, played Jack in the movie. That little kid will be a huge success if she keeps at it.

BTW, again it was very cool meeting you. Now it is good to put a face to a name. Next time I am in NY I will give you a heads up, and on the behalf of the cast & crew thanks for the support.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Cool review MZ and Bunker!
    I can't wait to see your film DJ!
    Be sure to let me know when you put it out on dvd please?
    I will be adding it to my Deadlands 1!
    Anyway, GOOD LUCK!

Super Moderator

UK
    Nice review there Bunker.

Josh is the dude with the white cap correct? (Forgive my utter incompetance with names & faces) - anyway, the guy with the cap I thought was awesome, he was really going for gold in the final act.

If I had to pick my favourite performance in the movie (by a new comer), I'd say him, but I'd quickly come up with a double-first-place situation if talking in general, then it'd be him and Jim Krut for me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dude in White Cap - Joe Durbin
    Theater Manager - Chris Clark
    Bitten Guy aka Jack - Josh Davdison
    Girl with Earrings (Casey) - Ashley Young
    Brunette SUV Driver (Shelly) - Corrine Brush
    Little Girl - Alexa Davidson
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Great review MZ,I can't wait to see this movie.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Dude in White Cap - Joe Durbin
    Theater Manager - Chris Clark
    Bitten Guy aka Jack - Josh Davdison
    Girl with Earrings (Casey) - Ashley Young
    Brunette SUV Driver (Shelly) - Corrine Brush
    Little Girl - Alexa Davidson
    Much abliged good sir, I'm absolutely awful with names & faces.