Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compulsary Civil Service

United States

Compulsary Civil Service

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-...versal-service

The Obama youth might soon start goose-steppin' ...

-stray-

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    The Obama youth might soon start goose-steppin' ...
    And here I thought you'd be happy that welfare teens would be giving something back to the community.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    And here I thought you'd be happy that welfare teens would be giving something back to the community.
    Amendment 13 - Slavery Abolished.

1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

This Amendment, of course, does not apply to a military draft, however: Emanuel and co-author Bruce Reed insist "this is not a draft," but go on to write of young men and women, "the nation will enlist them for three months of civilian service."

I'm not an expert on Constitutional law by any means, but there is something about all of this that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Furthermore, if George Bush, or any non-Democrat would have suggested this, how loud would the Democrats have "squealed"?

Don't fret about this really happening, it's just nice to see the Marxists tipping their hand so early in the game.

-stray-

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I'm not an expert on Constitutional law by any means, but there is something about all of this that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Furthermore, if George Bush, or any non-Democrat would have suggested this, how loud would the Democrats have "squealed"?
    Exactly. This is pretty disturbing. And darn right if this idea had come from the lips of Bush or Cheney most Democrats would be screaming "Fascism! Hitler Youth!" at the top of their lungs.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Undisclosed
    Thats okay, Obamas official site changed it from Mandatory once us right-wingers started noticing. But thats fine. Google Cached it and Ron Pauls site saved those caches.

Lenin pulled the same type of **** but they didn't have the net and the ability to go back to yesterday.

United States
    I think there'd be massive resistance to that idea being put into place.

I would not mind a voluntary service with tax breaks of educational assistance for the kids but mandatory ?

**** that

Should have voted RON PAUL, SHEEP
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Should have voted RON PAUL, SHEEP
    Lol ... he wasn't running.

Chuck Baldwin, because a vote for McCain would've been a wasted vote.

-stray-

Quote Originally Posted by Usumgal View Post
    Thats okay, Obamas official site changed it from Mandatory once us right-wingers started noticing. But thats fine. Google Cached it and Ron Pauls site saved those caches.

Lenin pulled the same type of **** but they didn't have the net and the ability to go back to yesterday.
    I haven't spent much time on Mr. Obama's site, but I've read and heard that they've "changed" a lot of things since the election.

OBAMA for CHANGE.
    Last edited by strayrider; 14-Nov-2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    I support the draft and mandatory service. Nations like Israel and other nations have this and it works well.

Funny how patriotic people are until they are actually made to do something. Then they turn into screaming liberals worse then a stadium full of rage against the machine fans.

Yet when anyone doesn't agree with your view points you automatically label them as un patriotic and slap labels like "freedom fries" on ****.

Na, go ahead and continue supporting America through corporate consumerism and shopping wal-mart, then driving of with your new flat screen TV in your gas guzzling SUV with a "support the troops" magnetic ribbon on the back.

Hypocrites

Oh and about Ron Paul, if you want to see an entirely free market nation, with out any government regulation like that loon wants.
    Go to Somalia, where the free market reigns.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Undisclosed
    it's just nice to see the Marxists tipping their hand so early in the game.
    "That's important isn't it? To be right and everyone else to be wrong."
    - Helen Cooper

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    "That's important isn't it? To be right and everyone else to be wrong."
    - Helen Cooper
    Are you confessing something to us, DC?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Are you confessing something to us, DC?
    Yeah, that I just hate being right all the time.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    I support the draft and mandatory service. Nations like Israel and other nations have this and it works well.

Funny how patriotic people are until they are actually made to do something. Then they turn into screaming liberals worse then a stadium full of rage against the machine fans.
    I also would support a draft, but only within the parameters of defending the United States and our territories. Israel and other nations? That's their business.

As for "making" Patriotic people "do something" ... well, we're Americans ... you don't "make" us do anything ... you ask ... nicely ... this is something that both Democrats and Republicans seem to have forgotten

-stray-

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Teach our kids to be dissaffected psychos? Gimmie a break.

I'd go to prison first.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

United States
    This is a great thread; depending on who you supported in the elections and how you feel about the draft and/or civic duty you can be called a sheep and/or a hypocrite. Enlightening. Thanks to those of you who can't take your heads far enough out of your asses to have a reasonable conversation with the rest of us.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Oh and about Ron Paul, if you want to see an entirely free market nation, with out any government regulation like that loon wants.
    Go to Somalia, where the free market reigns.
    Actually, the Somali economy is doing better than a lot of people assume. The telecommunications system, for example, is better than it was when the government ran it.

"Indicators of Somali welfare remain low in absolute terms, but compared to their status under government show a marked advance. Under statelessness life expectancy in Somalia has grown, access to health facilities has increased, infant mortality has dropped, civil liberties have expanded, and extreme poverty (less than $1 PPP/day) has plummeted. In many parts of the country even security has improved. In these areas citizens are safer than they’ve been in three decades (UNDP 2001). Somalia is far from prosperous, but it has made considerable strides since its government collapsed 15 years ago."

http://www.peterleeson.com/Better_Off_Stateless.pdf

If they had the same free market economy but functioning justice, law enforcement, and military systems to prevent interclan warfare etc., they'd be much better off. We already have those advantages over Somalia.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria