Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call of Duty: World At War Reviews/Discussion

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anybody's welcome to join my clan FOAD (stands for f**k off and die). My live name is MasterUnholyWar.

I "ran" FOAD on CoD4 and just before I stopped playing we had about 12 members. As of right now, though, I've only got myself on World At War... don't think enough people I know have it yet.

It's not a serious clan... there's no stupid set times we have to play or anything. We just have fun and tend to mess around a lot (flashing each other and giving away positions).

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Bah i've completed both cod2 and cod3 (before my old profile was deleted) in veteran difficulties and would've completed Cod4 in veteran if my disc didn't get buggered....vet mode is just about patience...there's not much to it...only it distracts from the intensity of the game so it's always better to play it on normal first then re-do it for the achievements if immersion is your thing.

Will wait a few months for Cod WAW - more important to get L4D first, and finish GOW2.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    PC or 360?
    360...... Sorry about that

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So I unlocked and played the zombie mode last night. Holy sh1t, man! Talk about intense!

It starts off real slow with a couple shamblers here and there. Then, before you know it, you're pushed back into a small room with zombies breaking through nearly every window. When that happens, they're no longer shambling... they're not sprinters, either... they're just shamblers that are excited to eat you and hobble along semi-fast.

To anybody that's just been doing multiplayer and haven't finished the solo campaign: DO IT SO YOU CAN GET THE ZOMBIE OUTBREAK MULTIPLAYER MODE!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Just got my copy today, hopefully it works because I opened it to find it skittering about inside - seriously, how hard is it to handle a DVD/game case? Don't press your chubby, greasy thumb in the centre, instead, how about holding it around the edges?

Not a major scratch on it, just some cosmetic scuffing hopefully. When I got Saints Row 2 a month ago, that had a scratch and a scuff on it, but it kept going. But seriously, how hard is it to press the disc in firmly, and then not mash your retarded digits into the centre of the case?

I mean, that's Gordon Brown level retarded.

Anyway, I'm actually quite looking forward to it. I'm certainly not expecting COD4 style super-awesomeness, but I've been hearing lots of good things about it putting it in a far better position than COD3.

Time to torch some baddies.

United States

nacht der untoten bonus level

so, who one xboxlive is ready to team up and take out some of those damned nazi zombies with me? i've been practicing up and seeing how long i can survive by myself (about five/six rounds solo, not bad i guess), but haven't tried but a few stand-offs with other players, most of whom aren't worth playing with. anyone who wants to start popping skulls should send me an xboxlive friend request, info is on the leaderboard.

on a side note, from a romero fan's perspective i think that the zombies found in this bonus game are far more terrifying than the left 4 dead baddies (except maybe the witch-what a C U N T she can be) or the dead rising crowds. it's much more terrifying when you know that if you get scratched/bitten by these zombies, you're insta-fu(ked, much like the characters dealing with the ghouls in GAR's universe).

Super Moderator

UK
    it's much more terrifying when you know that if you get scratched/bitten by these zombies, you're insta-fu(ked, much like the characters dealing with the ghouls in GAR's universe).
    I don't have XBL, but I played that mode once a couple of weeks ago. Was only getting used to it of course, but I instantly fell into a pit of panic when you find them coming from all directions, coming through the barricades you thought were safe, your aim wavers, they start making their way towards you - THAT is how slow zombies work. Zack Snyder and James Gunn - take note, surely they must play videogames?

United States

so i just emailed the call of duty support site...

complaining about the "under the map" glitch in the multiplayer level "castle". i played a team deathmatch earlier where four of the players on the other team were under the map raping the teeth out of my team. i have begun filing complaints on every player abusing this sh!tty glitch, and from now on will be skipping this map.

i was rather polite in my email, and i'm sure they've received thousands like mine, so hopefully they'll get off their asses and fix this annoying problem. from what i've heard, there's gonna be a patch released soon, so maybe they've got the fukken clue.

for those of you who play the multiplayer, you're aware of what i'm talking about...unless you're one of the cheating fuktards who i'm gripping about

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The crappy thing is, that's not the only map I've seen people glitch on.

United States
    i heard that they had glitches in "roundhouse" and "castle" during the beta, but have only seen people glitching on "castle".

it amazes me how the game's been out a month and the fuksticks still haven't gotten around to fixing it.

i was really hoping for a response to my email to be waiting in my inbox today, but they apparently are ignoring such messages or haven't yet gotten to my email. although i doubt it's the latter of the two.

United States
    You guys are referring to the 360 version, right?

United States
    ^^

that's affirmative, ghost rider.

United States
    McPwnt.

United States
    is this problem occurring on the pc version as well, 3pidemiC?

United States
    I don't believe so. They released a patch for the game the day before it was released.