Thread: Anyone Heard of the "The Wrestler" ?

United States

Anyone Heard of the "The Wrestler" ?

Just noticed this film on RT...

Comes out sometime in the next month I supposed. I guess it's DTDVD.

Check out the trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4137747225/

It's supposed to be very good.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Been looking forward to it for quite some time. I love all of Aronofsky's work.

And as you said, this thing has been tearing up festivals and such. Apparently it's extremely well made, which isn't really a surprise if you're familiar with Aronofsky's work.

Here's the trailer for the people too lazy to click on the link.

ViP

United States
    I am looking forward to this one. I think DDP stunt doubles for Mickey.

United States
    Saw it at a film festival in Sarasota a few weeks ago... and all I can say is it was awesome! I dont care for Mickey Rourke as an actor because I feel like all he can do is the same persona over and over but in this film he actually acted and it brought tears to my eyes. Deffnly worth the watch
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Saw it at a film festival in Sarasota a few weeks ago... and all I can say is it was awesome! I dont care for Mickey Rourke as an actor because I feel like all he can do is the same persona over and over but in this film he actually acted and it brought tears to my eyes. Deffnly worth the watch
    Not a huge fan of his earlier work, but for some reason when he became less handsome/ got older I started digging it more. "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" I thought he was good in (albeit a small part). And "Sin City"? Awesome.

United States
    Will check out OUTIM... kept meaning to just never got around to it...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Not a huge fan of his earlier work, but for some reason when he became less handsome/ got older I started digging it more. "Once Upon A Time In Mexico" I thought he was good in (albeit a small part). And "Sin City"? Awesome.
    Yeah, he is definitely coming into his own recently. A late bloomer as far as talent goes I guess. Tho Angel Heart was decent (mmmmm. . naked Lisa Bonet).
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah, he is definitely coming into his own recently. A late bloomer as far as talent goes I guess. Tho Angel Heart was decent (mmmmm. . naked Lisa Bonet).
    Yeah, I wasn't totally opposed to him back in the day. I dig "Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man" (for some odd reason). For some reason though, now that he's not as "pretty" it seems like it's giving this acting more grit...more of an edge...

Undisclosed
    Not my type of movie, But I will check it out.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Not my type of movie, But I will check it out.
    Never let a trailer fool you. Sometimes a trailer can represent absolutely nothing of what the film actually is. Not saying that's the case with this film, just that trailers are only marketing tools and they can twist them anyway they like if they think it will put people in seats.

United States
    I am watching this next Thursday, the host of the movie club I belong to secured a copy of the film. I am excited, it looks really good and I like that they used a lot of indy wrestling federations in it, including my favorite, Ring of Honor. From what I have read, this film is starting to garner a lot of oscar buzz for best picture.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190