Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

Undisclosed
    Btw, I made a mistake. Actually, misleading info from a gaming site. There is no Chimera in this game. It is something diffrent called a Reaper. It is bigger, takes more damage, and more dangerous. Anyone else expecting to find Hunters in this game? I was and hoping for it. But then again, this game is not about the T-Virus.

United States
    Those reapers are brutal if you're unable to hit those weak points. Nothing more humbling then getting nabbed by one pair of claws while getting your guts shanked with the other
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 20-Mar-2009 at 12:15 AM.

United States
    They may actually still be Chimeras. The document that contained the description of them just said that the scientist was calling them Reapers for the time being.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    They may actually still be Chimeras. The document that contained the description of them just said that the scientist was calling them Reapers for the time being.
    A diffrent type, maybe, but not the same ones in the mansion. Their size, attacks, and anatomy are too diffrent. Also, a Chimera is more humanoid in appearance in contrast to the Reaper's more insect-like body. A Reaper may have been the original goal for the Chimera Project.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 20-Mar-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    A diffrent type, maybe, but not the same ones in the mansion. Their size, attacks, and anatomy are too diffrent. Also, a Chimera is more humanoid in appearance in contrast to the Reaper's more insect-like body. A Reaper may have been the original goal for the Chimera Project.

It would be interesting to take the current iterations of the various creatures in RE 5 and trace back their evolution all the way back to the first game. I'll bet that there are very few "new" creatures.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Dudes !! i just found this killer RE 5 cheat and i just had to share with my hpotd peeps.

Some of you probably already know about this but it's news to me.

Get on it before they patch it up !!

Cheat: Inventory Duplication
    This requires two very cooperative human players, and a Live connection.

1 // In the Inventory Lobby, invite a friend.

2 // Start the level (use 1.2 to make it easy). Have the host hand items (Rotten Eggs, First Aid, Ammo) off to the guest for duplication.

3 // With a full inventory, have the guest leave the game (it should say "All unsaved progress will be lost" -- select "Yes").

5 // After selecting "Yes," another question for the guest will appear asking whether or not to save status and ammo. Choose "Yes" to save and you will have all the passed-on inventory saved.

6 // Now, back to the host: Quit out of the game, but at the second question, choose "No" and do not save ammo and status.

7 // Restart the game with the two characters and you'll both have the ammo and items. Duplication successful! (Note: You cannot do this with weapons as you cannot hand them off to your partner.)

Addendum: A popular money-making strategy involves duplicating Rotten Eggs. These are worth $2,000 a pop, and 5 can be crammed in each inventory slot. That means you can eventually be duplicating $90,000 each time. Finding Rotten Eggs can be tough; they drop randomly in later levels. Also, for two people to increase the amount of eggs quickly, you'll have to pass them back and forth, alternating who is saving and who isn't.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Easy way to get an achievement for maxing out the weapons. I do have a rotten, gold, brown and white egg, btw. It took 2 play throughs to get them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Easy way to get an achievement for maxing out the weapons. I do have a rotten, gold, brown and white egg, btw. It took 2 play throughs to get them.

Yeah, I've been hanging out at the poultry farm in the marshlands but i haven't been able to snag a golden egg.

Any suggestions? Or will I just have to talk dirty to them?

Undisclosed
    Its random luck. Kill snakes, too. They drop eggs.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Its random luck. Kill snakes, too. They drop eggs.
    I guess i have to come across one sooner or later with enough play throughs.

By the way, I tried that cheat i posted yesterday and it works !!

I left the session with double the magnum and explosive rounds. SWEET !!

Undisclosed
    Remember when they left in that deliberate hole in Fable 2 pubgames?

Tbh after playing the demo I wasn't too fussed on the control system. Kinda disappointed.

Real shame as I liked the similar Res4 (GC) controls. But it just felt heavy and slow on the 360.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtothe3 View Post
    Remember when they left in that deliberate hole in Fable 2 pubgames?

Tbh after playing the demo I wasn't too fussed on the control system. Kinda disappointed.

Real shame as I liked the similar Res4 (GC) controls. But it just felt heavy and slow on the 360.

Moving chris around is like moving a tank. Couple that with the restrictive enviroments. ( I always feel as if I'm running down a cramped hallway, alley or cave) and it's not a good experience. Pehaps they designed it that way, but I can't for the life of me figure out why.

However, I am thankful that they scrapped the whole " being in the sunlight affects you adversely crap". Which is probably true, but picturing that added to the final version is like a nightmare.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Moving chris around is like moving a tank.
    Look at how goddamn big he is. His arms are size of my torso for gods sake. I'm surprised he just doesn't run through walls and buildings and shit instead of walking around them.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I got a couple giftcards today and almost ordered this. Then I went back and [thankfully] re-played the demo and opted to purchase Silent Hill: Homecoming and Lego Star Wars: The Saga, instead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I got a couple giftcards today and almost ordered this. Then I went back and [thankfully] re-played the demo and opted to purchase Silent Hill: Homecoming and Lego Star Wars: The Saga, instead.

Well, i can see how everything in this thread might give someone pause who's contemplating purchasing this game. Make no mistake, this is a really good game, I haven't stopped playing it all week. It's just not RE 4, which imo, despite the graphical superiotiry of 5, RE 4 is clearly the superior game.

I can name 5 Instances/battles that blow anything away that RE 5 has to offer. The knife fight with krauser is epic and RE 5 has nothing that even comes close.

I guess it's like land of the dead , sorta. Enjoy it for what it is, stop expecting it to be like it's predecessors and you'll find that there's a good movie there.

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Look at how goddamn big he is. His arms are size of my torso for gods sake. I'm surprised he just doesn't run through walls and buildings and shit instead of walking around them.

Yes, he is eerily Jugernautish, wouldn't ya say?

Last edited by darth los; 31-Mar-2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost