Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

United States
    i hope capcom doesn't try to pull this shit with DR2...

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/970/970396p1.html

The total download size for RE5 Versus Mode is 1.86MB. You are not, in fact, downloading the content from Xbox Live Marketplace or PlayStation Network. Instead, you are downloading a key that unlocks content already on the RE5 retail disc. The same disc you paid $60 for a month ago.

what a crock of shit....
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 07-Apr-2009 at 09:51 PM.

capncnut
    When asked to justify why gamers who already shelled out $60 for a copy of RE5 should have to pay extra to unlock content included on the disc, a Capcom representative said: "Versus mode represents content that was created outside the scope of the original design of Resident Evil 5. This is an all new mode that required additional resources to create, not to mention the additional bandwidth costs."
    Haha, how lame.

United States
    i'm so fucking sure. like capcom's been totally oblivious to the trend of online gaming and multiplayer. or maybe the RE(tarded) design team (who ought to be smacked a few times) had been locked away in a cave for years with no contact with the outside world, only releasing tidbits such as screenshots and videos with carrier pigeons, then a shitty demo, and then emerged into civilization with their "masterpiece" and were like: "WTF is xboxlive? we can create a multiplayer mode? oh shit, quick, STOP THE FUCKING PRESS!!!!"

perhaps this is why the fucksticks at capcom are trying to stay officially hushed about DR2 mulitplayer...so they can try to fuck us again when they claim they "never really considered multiplayer as necessary feature needed to experience the things they wanted to achieve with an epic title such as Dead Rising 2" or some corporate greed bullshit along those lines.

fuck capcom. they better pull a rabbit out of a hat with DR2 or i'm building a voodoo doll to put a bankruptcy curse on their company.

sorry, got kinda worked up about that one...but i almost hate everything about resident evil these days since those shit movies and these new action-oriented games, and this charging to allow players to access features on already on the goddamn disc is the icing on the motherfucking cake. i'm off to the gym now.

EDIT: given how terribly clunky and tank-like the controls were on that fucking terrible demo, i imagine multiplayer is gonna be about as fun as having your skin scrubbed with steel wool and gasoline.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 08-Apr-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Undisclosed
    Now I realize this is a niche outlook but I don't really care all that much but its more achievements and due and if the patch was free it would not include more achievements(microsoft policy). For those how could care less about achievements or trophies I can see why it pisses you off.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    Now I realize this is a niche outlook but I don't really care all that much but its more achievements and due and if the patch was free it would not include more achievements(microsoft policy). For those how could care less about achievements or trophies I can see why it pisses you off.

I don't even think it's that at all. As someone who absolutely loves unlocking achievements I don't mind paying for extra content. When it's so expansive or warrants me doing so.

My problem is, and i think others feel this way as well, is that paying for something that used to come standard in the original game is unacceptable. The content comes on the damn disc for pete's sake !!

That's being in an exclusive relationship for 2 years all the while having uprotected sex and then one day your woman tells you she wants to use condoms. That's unacceptable. Once thing are a certain way you just can't go back.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Well seeing as no one here has reverse engineered the content as it stands im gonna have to go with Capcom's statement that the content is not simply a unlock key.

"The code for Resident Evil 5’s versus mode feature is small, tiny for two competitive online modes. Seeing a 1.8MB file for Xbox 360 owners and a 351KB download on the PS3 led to discussion that the versus mode was not a new feature with its own budget as a Capcom previously commented.

Despite the miniscule download Capcom Vice President Christian Svensson stands his ground and says, “Keys are 100K or less. It is not a key. We have said in the past, it uses assets from the disc (like levels, models, audio, etc.) but the code is new and does not exist on the disc.”

Small 100K files used to unlock content are common. Capcom is no stranger to the process, Street Fighter IV’s alternate costumes are unlocked this way. While the Resident Evil 5 versus mode download is 3x to 18x larger than an unlock key it still seems abnormally small.

Source:http://www.siliconera.com/2009/04/08...-is-not-a-key/
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    i don't care how they try to jazz up the details with techno-jargon, it's still a fucking bullshit move on capcom's part. and i think that the majority of gamers would agree with me.

England
    The last good resident evil game was 3,it got silly after that!now imagine how much better a zombie mod for far cry 2 would be...

United States
    I wish RE would go back to its roots. I'm playing 1 & 2 on the Wii and forgot how much they rocked! Is it that hard to develop a classic zombie game???

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    The last good resident evil game was 3,it got silly after that!now imagine how much better a zombie mod for far cry 2 would be...
    Resident Evil 0 was exactly like 1-3. I loved every minute of it.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Resident evil was always a silly silly game.

At least 4 tried something different, and was wildly successful/critically acclaimed/just an amazing game.

I do see where everyone is coming from though with the hate, and it is understandable, but to say the new games are shit seems (at least to me) a method of directing the disgust that old time fans have at capcoms choice to change the direction of the series...IE, not warranted in the least.

I would love to see a remake of resident evil 2, but new games where the enemies are zombies? no thanks, that got old after the first 6000 games featured zombies as the main enemies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i don't care how they try to jazz up the details with techno-jargon, it's still a fucking bullshit move on capcom's part. and i think that the majority of gamers would agree with me.

Of course it's bullshit. The bottom line is that they are charging for something that should come on the disc. Other games, like GOW 2 atleast come with basic versus modes and you have the option of buying new maps but you don't NEED to. Here they're sayingif you want to play vs. pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I wish RE would go back to its roots. I'm playing 1 & 2 on the Wii and forgot how much they rocked! Is it that hard to develop a classic zombie game???

Imo, the best game in the RE series is the remake for gamecube. They caught lightning in a bottle with that one which is ever unlikely to be reproduced. So i guess we should just enjoy that one because it looks unlikely that they'll ever go back to the "old" formula any time soon, if ever.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    There have been about a dozen "classic" RE games; zombies, tank controls, and slow paced puzzle solving. To be honest, I they're quite boring to go back and play and don't hold up very well.

God forbid they try something different with the last two games.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    There have been about a dozen "classic" RE games; zombies, tank controls, and slow paced puzzle solving. To be honest, I they're quite boring to go back and play and don't hold up very well.

God forbid they try something different with the last two games.

What!?! You didn't enjoy spending hours looking for a key that only helps you unlock a room that contains a shard of a crest that you need to get another key...etc.

I for one am glad they did. Imo, RE 4 is a superior game to 5 all around.

England
    Its not the way the game plays that puts me off the resident evil games now,its good that they are moving with the times with regards to playability,the thing that completely puts me off is the plot!in the first game although it was still far fetched it was believable & it was a good horror story type affair,then the games from there on started shedding the indie horror style story & expected us to swallow all the ridiculous cack that followed!or maybe i just got older & it all seemed a bit daft to me....