Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    lol, that was the stupidest crap I'd read that week when that garbage came out.

Oh it's fine to mow down tons of white guys, but any other colour is off the table ... although wasn't there Mexicans or something in an earlier game?

It's set in Africa, where the populace is mainly black, the invading party is the Umbrella Corp, which is mainly from the white west, and Umbrella causes the sh*t to hit the fan which infects the innocent local populace - hence, black zombies - meanwhile people connected to Umbrella, many of whom are white as the company came from a populace with way more white people than rurual Africa fight back because they have the training and knowledge appropriate to dealing with the dire events.

They're not black people, they're people who are zombies ... sheesh.

No complaints about the scores of white zombies we've seen beforehand though, because it's fine to kill digital white people that don't exist who aren't even people, but life-threatening ghouls instead ... evidently.

Hypocrisy and bell-end-edness much? (With a side order of "*sigh* laaaaame")

Christ, that people even hooked onto this is a sad ****in' commentary on the state of the world. Double bloody standards.

EITHER ITS ALL OK OR NOTHING IS.

Black people aren't mis-represented in any medium any more - those days went in the 60s!!!! Aside from the "token" characters in horror movies (well even those are promoted as nice, decent folk, just very unlucky) there is no bloody indication of any sort of white supremacy, how much would that hurt a company's revenue in today's climate?!?! RIDICULOUS!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    So what happens in this one?the umbrella corporation who secretly own half the galaxy,have a huge unknown secret lab in the core of the earth that strangely nobody knew was there & never saw being built,that can only be accessed by a manhole cover & a rusty door that you stick an antique statue in to open,and yet another careless employee (they really should vet their lab workers better) lets a mutating virus that turns normal sized men into tentacled 50ft high beasts with a huge cyclopic eye where its arse should be?

Dont get me wrong i loved the first 3 games set in raccoon city,they were pretty awesome (apart from the lab at the end of the second one that was about a mile underground,meh,too much) the first one especially because it was low key & genuinely creepy!it all went stupid after those though & ive not bothered since,the plot & characters got ridiculous

Undisclosed
    A new trailer in HD. I really want this game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43486.html

Canada
    I'm kinda disappointed...in the game play footage I've seen, it looks exactly like resident evil 4....just with different enemy skins (evidently not AI as they stand there and wait for you too kill them, or slowly walk towards you) and prettier graphics...

How come we can't move and shoot? uggh.

United States
    i read an article over at kotaku which gives the game less than stellar remarks. apparently, it's not very scary at all, and according to this review, more of an action game than "survival horror".

http://kotaku.com/5112949/resident-e...-the-new-stuff

i imagine i'll still pick this one up, but i've gotta agree with mo and the rest who say this looks like re4 with better graphics. from some of the trailers i've seen, even some of the villain characters look like they've been copied/pasted from re4. i'm specifically talking about the little midget dude in the pirate get-up from re4 (what a goofy and annoying character) and his big brother, the caucasian dude in the white suit from re5.

currently still playing through the REmake on gamecube REloving every minute of it....except the lack of shotgun ammo lying around the mansion.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    more of an action game than "survival horror".

currently still playing through the REmake on gamecube REloving every minute of it....except the lack of shotgun ammo lying around the mansion.
    Resident evil stopped being a survival horror series when 4 was released (I know, we had them stupid shooters, but they never had wide spread appeal or success). I never found RE4 scary..it was fun, interesting, and tense at times, but i just don't like it as much as the other, more traditional games in the series...

Also, ammo/health drops were wayyy to common in 4, and made it more of an arcade shooting game. Find enemies, kill them, collect ammo/heal up.

Honestly, all I want is to be able to move and shoot. What is the point of making a game that focus' more on action and excitement that limits you to standing still while shooting? Jesus Capcom, give me that at least you thick twats.

Your making me want to dig my gamcube out of the closet and play through the Remake of Resident evil again..stop that
    Last edited by mista_mo; 21-Dec-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i read an article over at kotaku which gives the game less than stellar remarks. apparently, it's not very scary at all, and according to this review, more of an action game than "survival horror".

http://kotaku.com/5112949/resident-e...-the-new-stuff
    Meh, that's reviewer's opinion doesn't matter to me. He comes across as being very negative about a demo. Its not the full game.

"You’re also introduced to a new “mini boss” zombie in this level – a chainsaw-wielding maniac with bandages wrapped around his head." Did he not see the first RE 5 demo that came out??? This guy is a game reviewer? What rock has he been living under for the past few months? *shakes his head*

Oh yeah, and his 3 gripes.

1."It’s not scary." Since when was the series really scary, besides a few jumps.

2. "You could swap the zombies for Nazis and not know the difference. Resident Evil 5 seems more like a generic shooter than survival horror, complete with gray and brown backgrounds and the occasional bloom effect. I quipped that it was like Gears of War without the cover and Randy compared to Army of Two. So – we’ve got Gears of the Zombie of Two instead of Resident Evil. Great." Play another shooter, then.

3. "The zombies have machine guns and flaming arrows. That just doesn’t seem right. Oh, alright – fine. They’re “infected villagers,” not zombies, but even then the premise of having twenty guys running around with chainsaws and crossbows feels like it’d be a better fit for a different game." Never played RE 4?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Kotaku's never struck me as very professional.

Dead rising Wii - they said they asked a Capcom worker if the demo at TGS was the finished game and reported he said it was, their hack reporting was shot down by Capcom and new vids/info show how far along it really is.

I forgotten what the news was but they used Wikipedia as a source, and that site isn't exactly done by professionals either, once I find the specific news piece I'll edit this.

United States
    Kotaku is terrible. They never fact check and post ridiculous rumors just to get hits. Neogaf Forum is probably the best source for videogame news on the web. Lots of industry insiders post there, and it's also the source of a lot of breaking news.

I liked what I played of RE5. It's what I expected - Resident Evil 4 with incredible graphics and tweaked controls. I was impressed, and it remains one of my most anticipated games of 2009.

United States
    i've never stated kotaku was gospel, it's just a site if frequently get news from. most of the points made in this particular article appealed to me because while i'm exicted about re5, it's not the same excitement i've had for many big games (like resident evil 2, gta4, etc). as i've said, i'm sure that i'll pick it up, but i'm not crawling out of my skin, counting the days and such as i've done with previously mentioned games. the original resident evil is the reason i bought a playstation, the remake is the only reason i own a gamecube, 2 was the first game i bought on release day, and 3 is the one i unlocked every single special feature for and played the bonus game for days on end. personally, there were moments during re1,(remake included), re2, and yes, even re3:nemesis that i was on edge, creeped out, etc. compared to anything i'd ever played up until then, they were hands down the spookiest sh!t ever.

many titles such as outbreak, and director's cut, and the fps games were just filler, pure capcom cash-cow milkage, and then re4 came along and took the series into a different style of gameplay. i did like re4 a whole lot, and i appreciate what it did for the series, but there was just something about that little dwarf in a purple pirate costume that annoyed me and left me feeling like i'd just watched a fairty tale or a cheesy disney villain or something. then i realized that it never really drew me in like the first three in the story did (even if 3 was pretty much capcom rehash as well...but at least it had jill valentine in it), and i realized that it wasn't really resident evil anymore, not to me at least, just a continuation of the story that took it someplace i wouldn't have if i'd been involved.....just really untrue to the original games i loved.

re 5 looks great, but to me, it's just a better looking version of re4, and from the trailers they've got the same formula, complete with another diminutive white weirdo with a cackling voice who dresses like that one dude from ff7 (been ages since i played that, but i bet tricky or someone knows his name).

i suppose i just prefer my resident evil games with undeadish romero-type zombies in secluded mansions and cities in the midwest, not psycho rabid villagers in europe or africa...and what's with the burlap-bag-headed chainsaw clan popping up in both games?

sorry rant over.

United States
    I am glad Wesker is in it.. I hope he destorys chris.. Be i dont think i will happen.

Undisclosed
    There is a new video on XBL.

United States
    There will be a demo available for download on Xbox Live on January 26th.

"You won't have to wait until March 13, 2009 to get your hands on the highly-anticipated Resident Evil 5. The next installment of the landmark survival horror franchise from Capcom will take action to a new level with a two-level, playable demo available exclusively on Xbox LIVE® for one week beginning Monday, January 26."

Here is a link to the article: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/...14-re5demo.htm

Undisclosed
    Wait until you guys check out this demo. It is pretty good. The inventory takes some getting used to, though. Because it is in real time and not a pause feature.

United States
    Yep, the ability to manage your inventory with the d-pad are just one of the many little tweaks that help make RE5 great. Even though the demo is from June of last year, it still gives you a good idea of what to expect.

Since I've been blocked out of the Japanese demo for a while now (must have added a patch to keep US and UK players out), I've been dying to play it again.