Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Yep, the ability to manage your inventory with the d-pad are just one of the many little tweaks that help make RE5 great. Even though the demo is from June of last year, it still gives you a good idea of what to expect.

Since I've been blocked out of the Japanese demo for a while now (must have added a patch to keep US and UK players out), I've been dying to play it again.
    or you could just wait the 60 days to actually buy the game

United States
    No way! I'll finally be able to play the online co-op portion of the demo with somebody who actually speaks English. Though, there's nothing quite like a Japanese guy screaming in your ear as the psycho with the chainsaw comes bearing down.

United States
    with all the fallout 3 DLC coming out over the next three months, plus the GTA4 DLC, and RE5 looking just like RE4 with better graphics and co-op (oh boy), i think i'm gonna pass on this until it is about 40 bucks.

no way i'm paying full price for copy-and-pasted villains in a storyline i no longer care about. i doubt the demo will change my mind, but i'll give it a shot.

EDIT: i would, however, pay full price for a current-gen remake of resident evil 2.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 15-Jan-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    with all the fallout 3 DLC coming out over the next three months, plus the GTA4 DLC, and RE5 looking just like RE4 with better graphics and co-op (oh boy), i think i'm gonna pass on this until it is about 40 bucks.

no way i'm paying full price for copy-and-pasted villains in a storyline i no longer care about. i doubt the demo will change my mind, but i'll give it a shot.

EDIT: i would, however, pay full price for a current-gen remake of resident evil 2.
    actually i agree with you.

-and a remake in the 4 engine IS rumored to be coming out on the wii this year.

Undisclosed
    Info for the CE. Not worth the extra $30, IMO.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/s...evil-5-ce.html

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I doubt we'll see a RE2 remake on the Wii, at least not while the Wii teams have been working on Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop and Monster Hunter 3. I recall the producer of Dead Rising, while working on RE4: Wii Edition and RE: Umbrella chronicles, said he'd like to do remakes of the original Resi's but in the end got Dead Rising which is more logical in that it's a one off (for now). DRCTYD wont be Dead Rising on the Wii it's more like a RE4 style game with zombies which is what some people wanted. I bet that teams next project will be RE5 Wii Edition or Umbrella Chronicles 2.

Undisclosed
    Just a reminder that the demo is out tomorrow. I wonder if the Japanese will get revenge on us for invading their servers.

United States
    guess i've got something to do tomorrow night. hopefully the demo will impress me, but i'm not expecting much more than a prettier version of RE4.

United States
    Demo is up.

Edit: You may want to go with "Type A" for your control setup, it's way easier to control than the default setting.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 26-Jan-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Undisclosed
    Is this the same demo we messed with a while back?

United States
    Ill download this demo tonight when I download the DLC for fallout

Undisclosed
    The dlc for Fallout 3 is not on mkt place. Are you sure it is not coming out, until Wednesday? The demo for RE5 is just a special release for today. And it is for gold members only.

United States
    Microsoft usually updates their servers between 2-5AM EST. I think that's 7-10AM for the UK. You can expect Operation Anchorage around then.

Anyway, yeah slickwilly, it's the same demo that the Japanese got in early December.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    my thoughts

pro's
    nice graphics
    voice actors could be arsed to get in time with the character models
    nice use of music
    new menu system amps up the action a fair bit

con's
    Chris moves like a tank, worse than in the original game!
    slower aiming than resi 4, by the time you've aimed the ganados have reached you.
    annoying a.i (or online for that matter) partner will wait for you to empty your ammo supply on a group, then run up and take all the ammo they drop for themselves
    didn't see any "major use of lighting" that was the selling point in 2005 for this
    feels like a slower port of resi 4
    not as fun as resi 4 in fact

So far danny is not enthused

United States
    gotta say that i agree, hellsing. while the graphics are probably some of the best i've ever seen in a game, the controls, movement, up-close camera, and large number of enemies totally kill this game, imo. and yeah, it's way too much like RE4 (even down to the chainsaw baddies, as i've bitched about before).

while i kinda liked RE4, to me, it wasn't RE, and this looks like it's taking it even farther from the roots. overloading on action and gore isn't necessarily a good thing. funny how capcom still refers to this as "survival horror", even on the demo, when it's clearly moved into the realm of "action mayhem" or, dare i say it: "NAME RAPE".

i've only played the demo for about five minutes and have arrived at this conclusion. i'm probably a bit biased as a classic RE purist, but this demo will get a few more minutes to prove itself worthy of taking up memory on my HDD, and then i'm deleting this shit.

i am going to write the new RE games off, much like i've done with the RE movies, any Halloween film after the 2nd one, the third Spider-Man movie, and countless other totally unnecessary sequels.

RE5? no thanks. Fallout 3 DLC? Yes, please. GTAIV DLC? Fuckin' A!
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 27-Jan-2009 at 04:11 AM.