Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    slower aiming than resi 4, by the time you've aimed the ganados have reached you.
    I haven't had a chance to play the demo yet, but there isn't an option to increase sensitivity so that this isn't a problem? If not... terrible move on their part.

United States
    There's an option to change sensitivity. I had to put it up few notches myself. Also, the default control is Type D, mess around with each one to find the best match for your play style.

Undisclosed
    Just tried this game demo...not real impressed...visually it looks good but the controls! OH the controls...WHY CAN'T THESE GAME MAKERS KEEP THE CONTROLS STANDARD!!!!

Undisclosed
    When I played the Japanese demo I was some how able to adapt to the controls rather quickly. My biggest complaints are the inventory setup and some info I read about the shop being available between chapters.

United States
    well, i deleted the demo and have officially lost all interest. capcom should spend more time developing Dead Rising 2 and less time adding new races of characters to RE5. i think that was probably one of the lamest things about the demo. instead of an african village, it looked more like i was playing at a united nations convention. i saw an asain dude, white dude, and what looked to be a middle-eastern dude. score another win for political correctness and mark up a fail for the pussies at capcom.

for some reason, after playing the demo, i'm almost opposed to this game. aside from the graphics, this looks like a travesty to me. perhaps i'll pull and mz and list "101 reasons why RE5 sucks".

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, i deleted the demo and have officially lost all interest. capcom should spend more time developing Dead Rising 2 and less time adding new races of characters to RE5. i think that was probably one of the lamest things about the demo. instead of an african village, it looked more like i was playing at a united nations convention. i saw an asain dude, white dude, and what looked to be a middle-eastern dude.
    i did notice i ran into hiro nakamura, borat and barak obama in the crowd of ganados

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Re 5 Wil most likely never be as good or make the impact that 4 did. As always, whenever we see something completely different/new anything that comes after it in the series isn't going to be as good. IMO, it's because they're afraid to stray from the formula that was so successful int he first place.

Take the matix for example. Here is another example of something that completely changed the game. Everybody and their mother was blown away by it. When the second came out it did everything the original did so it should have been jus as good, right?

WRONG !!!!!!!

So i figure they'll make a couple of more games in this format until it gets dated just as the previous one did. Then they'll be forced to be innovative once again.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well I played the demo for about... 3 minutes. Not fun. I'm very disappointed.

I want my survival horror back!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Well I played the demo for about... 3 minutes. Not fun. I'm very disappointed.

I want my survival horror back!!!
    That's exactly what we said when 4 came out. Sure it was a great and unique gaming experience, but it wasn't survival horror. It wasn't resident evil. Everything that made the RE series was absent.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    anyone else think an ff12 style gambit system would have made shiva way more bearable?

United States
    Gamepro Germany reviewed it, a synopsis was found on a German gaming site:

+ great character models, fantastic special effects
    + Varied areas
    + Interesting story
    + Outstanding AI
    + Gigantic boss battles
    + 18 hours of gameplay (story mode)
    + lots of bonus material
    + High replay value

- Framerate hickups (PS3)
    - No puzzle solving

93%

Hopefully the majority of game sites feel the same way. I like the sound of no puzzles, they totally break the flow of previous games and make it feel like a chore to play through those segments. Also, I really hope Mercenaries mode is co-op, that would be amazing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    no puzzles?

god damn it, why not remove the locked doors as well and give a free walkthrough built in.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    no puzzles?

god damn it, why not remove the locked doors as well and give a free walkthrough built in.
    Gonna have to agree that it's a disappointment that there's no puzzle solving in RE5. Based on the demo, it's more of the same (RE4) but with more shooting. I WILL get it for the collection though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    k, so just for shits and giggles i downloaded the demo on my ps3 as well and gave that a go and boy was i surprised.

- better frame rate makes for a much smoother picture.
    controls exactly like 4 did on the ps2 and gamecube AKA, it controls smoothly and much better than the slow tank controls for the 360 demo.
    ammo was more plentiful.
    as were enemies.
    in the second portion there were men perched on the roofs throwing molotovs who, when killed, would erupt into larger versions of the flying b.o.w's that attack the chopper at the start.
    enemies were faster and worked in a group more to flank you but dodged less than in the 360 demo.
    shivas a.i was vastly smarter, conserving ammo, switching weapons when the situation dictated, and not taking the ammo for a weapon only chris had
    ...curiously, more of the african cahracter models than the chinese and "white guy" ones from the 360 version

overall this controlled exactly like resident evil 4. the gameplay was fast and fluid and very exciting. it still wasn't as fun as 4 was but i liked this a lot more than the 360 demo. which seemed to be more like a rushed port in feel and execution in a comparison of the two.

honestly im getting the ps3 version if i get either based on a hands on with both.

Undisclosed
    I will keep that noted. I still haven't decided which system to buy it for.