Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

Administrator

England

Exclamation Resident Evil 5 - News

Capcom have confirmed that the Resident Evil 5 Co-op demo will be released on Xbox 360 in Japan on 5th December. Hopefully it should be in europe soon.

Capcom has a big pre-Christmas surprise on the way for Xbox 360 owners: a demo of Resident Evil 5!

Famitsu reports in its latest issue that a demo of the latest and greatest in survival horror will be available on Xbox Live Marketplace starting December 5. Players will be able to sample two stages of play set in that familiar urban setting from past game show demos. These stages will be playable both offline and through co-op.

There are a couple of caveats about the demo. First, only Gold Members will have access to it. Second, as Famitsu is a Japanese magazine, the demo is only confirmed for Japan at the moment. Of course, given how things have worked out in the past with Xbox Live, it's reasonable to expect the demo elsewhere throughout the world around the same time.
    http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/933/933962p1.html

United States
    Man I really need to invest in a gold membership. I saw something at the video store about a resident evil "degeneration" coming out the 5th of dec, is this it? It also said X-Files 2 around the same date? is that a straight to video thing? I'm gonna be pissed if that doesnt go into theaters. big x-files fan. oh and resident evil

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    degenerations a movie set between 4 and 5 starring leon and claire at an american airport were the t virus pops up even though umbrellas long gone.

its already out in japan, should be out in the u.s soon if memory serves.

Super Moderator

UK
    Cody - X-Files: I Want To Believe, was released in theatres earlier this year, the DVD has just been released on R2, and I've just today received my R1 copy of the DVD.

Definitely one for the fans, it's more about the two leads, them coming back together six years after going on the run at the end of season 9. It's nothing to do with aliens, instead it's more like one of those 'one off' episodes.

I rather liked it, and am looking forward to watching it again (now that I've ploughed through the entire X-Files saga on DVD box sets after having seen IWTB for the first time in the cinema), some people bitched and moaned about it, but some always will ... lapsed X-Files fans, people who weren't that fussed about the show, people who paid absolutely no attention to any reviews or info from the makers saying that it was not about aliens and therefore assumed it'd be aliens - when any true X-Files fan knows that the show wasn't just about aliens, it was about all weird and unexplained phenomena ... anyway, I rather liked it.

I think it divided fans, but man alive, I f*ckin' LOVE The X-Files.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Played Resi 5 couple of months ago - you'll all be VERY impressed...even with smarter zombies....the faces are the best I've seen in a game, ever....stunning.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Played Resi 5 couple of months ago - you'll all be VERY impressed...even with smarter zombies....the faces are the best I've seen in a game, ever....stunning.

How were you able to play it? Beta testing for Capcom?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    nah played it at the eurogamer expo in london last month
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Canada
    How does it feel to enjoy a game made by white supremacists?

Undisclosed
    How are the controls? Does it play like 4? And which console did you play it on?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    i played it on xbox but we saw the ps3 version too....

The controls are either the usual Resi Evil fayre, with pushing a certain button to run, but a quick change of options on the menu screen and you can choose "shooter mode" which I didn't try, but I'm sure is a damn sight easier than the normal controls which are very "survival horror"...we played about 10 mins and as usual, ran completely out of ammo!! damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Wtf?? Capcom?
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 28-Nov-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ...we played about 10 mins and as usual, ran completely out of ammo!! damnit!
    Typical RE!!!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo
    Wtf?? Capcom?
    I do believe Supermo was having a wee giggle about the strange controversy surrounding the game. Some people have commented that RE5 has a racist plot because of its depiction of slaughting hoardes of black townsfolk by burly white military men.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I do believe Supermo was having a wee giggle about the strange controversy surrounding the game. Some people have commented that RE5 has a racist plot because of its depiction of slaughting hoardes of black townsfolk by burly white military men.
    lol, that was the stupidest crap I'd read that week when that garbage came out.

Oh it's fine to mow down tons of white guys, but any other colour is off the table ... although wasn't there Mexicans or something in an earlier game?

It's set in Africa, where the populace is mainly black, the invading party is the Umbrella Corp, which is mainly from the white west, and Umbrella causes the sh*t to hit the fan which infects the innocent local populace - hence, black zombies - meanwhile people connected to Umbrella, many of whom are white as the company came from a populace with way more white people than rurual Africa fight back because they have the training and knowledge appropriate to dealing with the dire events.

They're not black people, they're people who are zombies ... sheesh.

No complaints about the scores of white zombies we've seen beforehand though, because it's fine to kill digital white people that don't exist who aren't even people, but life-threatening ghouls instead ... evidently.

Hypocrisy and bell-end-edness much? (With a side order of "*sigh* laaaaame")

United States
    as much as i miss the old-school re set near/in raccoon city, i'll most likely be picking up re5. all the videos i've seen are awesome looking, and i'd like to see how the story finally ends (this is the final resident evil, right?)

check out japan's version of the re5 collector's edition:
    http://kotaku.com/5099564/japanese-r...tter-than-ours
    pretty sweet, but i've never bothered picking up a collector's edition for any game, and doubt i ever will. still looks cool, i guess.

anyone heard any of the rumors about are re2 remake? nothing even remotely official, but it's been discussed:
    http://kotaku.com/5086716/resident-e...remake-chances
    i'd love a remake of re2, which is probably one of my top five games of all time, and the 1st game i picked up on the day of its release.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i'd like to see how the story finally ends (this is the final resident evil, right?)
    Hah, yeah right. RE is Capcom's biggest money maker, you'll be seeing future games in the series for years to come.