Thread: John Barrowman exposes himself...

Super Moderator

UK

John Barrowman exposes himself...

...ON THE RADIO!!!

*sarcastic gasp*

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20081201...e-5f8abb3.html

This isn't exactly Russell Brand and Wibble Wobble, and even that bucket of retardation was over-reacted to.

The BBC should be more worried about the license fee being wholly unfair and unnecessary, and about their news being sickeningly biased.

Also in the news, Britain's favourite credit crunch busting free activity is apparently sex.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's stupid.

And I thought that the US had harsh censorship restrictions.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's stupid.

And I thought that the US had harsh censorship restrictions.
    It's all fallout from Johnathon Ross thinking he's in his mid-twenties still when he's actually charging towards 50 and he's got a fat gut and he's a one trick pony who falls back on smut because he's not genuinely funny ... that thing was talked about on here a couple of weeks back, but I do think it was over-reacted to, even though I thought the pair of them were retarded for getting involved in such a cluster-f*ck.

So this is clearly a fall out from that, as is the BBC looking to address the amount of swearing on TV.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    who falls back on smut because he's not genuinely funny ...
    *cough*cough*... You missed you four little letters in that sentence...

"I..M..H..O.."

I really enjoy Ross' chat show and radio show... But since the Daily Mail renta-mob ran around with pitch forks we've got such delights as Speed to put up with now on a Friday night.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    I enjoy Johnathan Ross's shows too. As much as he can be mildly irritating at times, I can't deny the man's cheeky wit.

Super Moderator

UK
    Actually they're doing Live at the Apollo now, with a quick yank such as Wossy getting pulled, you've gotta fill a gap really quickly - ergo, fall back on a few films until you can sort out what will fill the slot - schedules are organised weeks in advance, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, well duh, it was my opinion ... I think that's pretty clear as it's within my own post.

I can't be doing with all that, I pretty much stick with "lol" and it's variants, I can't be doing with all that business, personally.

And I already said that the reaction to it was over-blown, and I've previously said that the Mailer's all whinging about it was lame - especially when most of the complaining was just out of an excuse to complain (rightly) about the BBC's political bias, and their pocket-raping, unnecessary license fee.

I'd much prefer there to be individual rallies against those two things, but you know how it usually ends up, an issue breaks out, then those with a grievance get sucked into the swirl of it while the momentum is going. It's just in people's nature in the end.

Although you should listen/watch/read/play/whatever the thing you're complaining about - I listened to the broadcast in question on YouTube, and I think it's one of those cringe-worthy jokes that you'd say with your mates down the pub - but you'd never broadcast it to your wider social group of friends and peers - likewise, Johnathon 'Doesn't Act His Age' Ross should keep certain things in perspective like that.

What really does offend me though, is the BBC high-hedians swaying violently between spit-in-your-face arrogance and entitlement, and cry-baby-bend-over-and-take-everything-twice losers whimpering in a corner ... before eventually going back to the "politically correct handbook of everything" to gorge themselves on their own self-importance and fat salaries ... in my honest opinion.

Happy?

As for Ross, I don't totally hate the guy ... I'm okay with him, but his simple schtick wears very thin very fast on me.

As for the topic at hand, it's seriously ludicrous - how can you be offended by listening to someone expose themselves to a DJ who clearly wanted to see what Captain Jack of Torchwood was packing down there?!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Dec-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Also, well duh, it was my opinion ... I think that's pretty clear as it's within my own post.
    But you were practically preachin' there son! Especially with your insults towards him?

As regards 'the broadcast' I actually thought it was quite comical. Yes, maybe a little too far, but certainly not malicious.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd hardly call that preaching, I'm not screaming "Goddamn America!" at the top of my raspy lungs.

What you saw there my good man, was a typical MZ mini-rant ... surely you've seen one before?