Thread: UK - Shannon Matthews.. What a start in life!

Administrator

England

UK - Shannon Matthews.. What a start in life!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...mily-life.html

On her mother:-
    The 31-year-old had seven children by five men. She had been living for three years with her 22-year-old boyfriend, Craig Meehan, who thought – wrongly, a DNA test would later establish – that he was the father of the youngest.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Chilling, sad and a damned shame.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Chilling, sad and a damned shame.
    Just imagine how much money the tax payer has ploughed into this waste of a uterus...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Just imagine how much money the tax payer has ploughed into this waste of a uterus...
    I'm trying not to use my imagination, at the moment, after reading the words "Plowing into this waste of a uterus". However, I agree, it would be an interesting case study.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Families like them are one of the main reasons this country is in the state its in, it absolutely sickens me that im having chunks taken out of my hard earned wages to pay for people like them who keep breeding & expecting the taxpayer to fund them. I know the children cant help being born into families like that, but unfortunately the majority of them grow up the same as their parents & carry on milking the system. I hope karen matthews rots in prison for what she did, and i hope that shannon grows up to be a decent person & not take after her scumbag mother & various stepdads

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Families like them are one of the main reasons this country is in the state its in, it absolutely sickens me that im having chunks taken out of my hard earned wages to pay for people like them who keep breeding & expecting the taxpayer to fund them. I know the children cant help being born into families like that, but unfortunately the majority of them grow up the same as their parents & carry on milking the system. I hope karen matthews rots in prison for what she did, and i hope that shannon grows up to be a decent person & not take after her scumbag mother & various stepdads
    Agreed! I hope Shannon grows up to be one of those people who, despite their circumstances, is able to rise above them and become someone she's proud of. Some people just don't think or even give a crap about their actions affecting a child. It's maddening, sad, and totally unexcusable.