Thread: "Friday the 13th" Remake Trailer Released.

United States

"Friday the 13th" Remake Trailer Released.

Check it:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810022022/trailer

It looks pretty good. The only problem is that the "oh my god, i've got to be quiet" scenes have really been overdone in modern horror films.

But we'll see. I guess it's nice to see a good ol' fashioned mindless slasher about a horror icon that I care to see.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i am willing to give it a chance. it looks like the filmmakers tried to make it their own and not be slaves to orignal, yet tried to honor the original. hard to tell from a trailer but i'll definitely check this out.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    This looks like it could be good.I will check it out when it comes out.

Undisclosed
    Cool thing about it. Feb 13 is my birthday. I am watching it that night.

Super Moderator

UK
    Colour me "meh", if I'm honest.

Why is there always some old woman who's really blunt and miserable towards "folks who ain't from round 'ere", saying things like "she's dead already" and stuff?

It just looks like they're doing TCM2003 all over again, Jablonsky doing the music, Nispel directing, I think there's the same writer involved, the now obligatory "be vewy qwiet" scene (how fast did that get old in these films?! sh*t! )

It looks too slick, too flashy, I instantly hated all the bell ends driving that really shiny Escalade ... ugh ...

I'll watch it, but will I like it? That is the question.

I was sure TCM2003 was gonna be a complete goat-ball-gargling festival, then watched it and was pleasantly surprised (I even wrote about it in my final year dissertation) - but it's simply not a patch on the original.

Then saw the remake of Amityville by the same company, and again I liked it - although immediately their fake "news reel footage" thing had gotten bloody old, and only on the second use (it worked well in TCM2003, it felt re-hashed and re-heated in Amityville). I wasn't at all fussed about the original Amityville, both times I saw it, so it wasn't hard to give a good impression to me for the remake of it.

Friday 13th on the other hand, the first in my favourite slasher franchise of all time, and I'm getting a distinctly "meh" and re-heated TCM2003 vibe from that trailer.

I dearly wish they'd f*ck off remaking these classics of the horror genre, how about remaking some truly gash films of the genre from back in the day - like Drive-In Massacre, you could totally make a wicked film out of that, made today, set in the 70s drive-in craze, and easily blitz the original movie which sucked Donkey Kong size balls.

I'll watch it ... but I've got nothing more than a fleeting interest at this point, surrounded by a bucket of "meh".

Could I be proved wrong-ish, like with TCM03 - but mind you, the trailer for that was much better than this F13-09 trailer, and I'm thinking TCM03 will be better than F13-09.

I feel like hellsing right about now.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The trailer has been out for a while; I made a thread about it a month and a half ago.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...friday+trailer

In fact, in that thread Bub sings a different tune saying he thinks it's gonna suck. They've gotten to you, Bub!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ugh. Pass....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    The trailer has been out for a while; I made a thread about it a month and a half ago.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...friday+trailer

In fact, in that thread Bub sings a different tune saying he thinks it's gonna suck. They've gotten to you, Bub!!!
    That's the teaser you posted.

United States
    At least one good thing from cruising the F13 & reading some of the articles is there seems to be a good bit of thought into the look of Jason & the portrayal of him by the actor (which, like Godzilla films, IS an important part of the character if you're a fan & pick up on the nuances)

SO...that gives me some hope that some care is being taken to do a proper film & not a slapped together rip-off. Plus I hear Mrs Voorhees is in it as well which is cool (hope the rumor that her footage was cut isn't true)

United States
    not too impressed with the trailer, looks a little too teeny-boppy for my jaded ass to enjoy. i agree with mz that the trailer makes it seem like a clone of the TCM remake, which i didn't find all that entertaining or worthwhile. will most likely catch this on dvd, but no way i'm adding to its box office intake.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    That's the teaser you posted.
    Served.