Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dead Snow - Zombie nazi's in the snow!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Say no more
    Wink wink, nudge, nudge.

United States
    Saw this last week. Pretty fun little ride. It is in no way a serious zombie movie. Pretty funny actually. Check it out.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

England
    I saw this on sale today for the first time in Asda near my work, (walmart to you americans ) and thought i'd check in here to see what its like before giving it a watch! Sounds like its worth one viewing anyway!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I saw this on sale today for the first time in Asda near my work, (walmart to you americans ) and thought i'd check in here to see what its like before giving it a watch! Sounds like its worth one viewing anyway!
    I got it in the post this morning - will, naturally, blog-juice about it in due course when I see it.

The tagline is "Ein! Zwei! Die!" - how can you resist that?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I watched this tonight and enjoyed it more then I thought I would. I give it 7 out of 10

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We just projected it in our basement last night. Such a fun movie. All I could utter at the end was "...fucking awesome." The whole time everyone was laughing out loud and shouting cries of excitement. Highly recommended!!! The only downside is that the zombies are the typical modern-day track star zombies. But, this isn't trying to be a serious movie so it's easy to look past the Carl Lewis nazis (oxymoron).

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Well... No offense to any norwiegans around here, but I always found that language to be a bit too "jolly" to fit anywhere near a horror film.

And I love how they tried to make DIGITAL VIDEO look old and dated...
    thats why u film it on real reels and do like tarantino did for grindhouse to date it by dropping the print in some dirt and rocks

United States
    We watched dead snow this weekend....it was ok, nothing special, think of all the usual gags from all the popular horror films over the years, add nazi gold loving zombies and snow...thats your movie. I give it 5 out of 10
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    We just projected it in our basement last night. Such a fun movie. All I could utter at the end was "...fucking awesome." The whole time everyone was laughing out loud and shouting cries of excitement. Highly recommended!!! The only downside is that the zombies are the typical modern-day track star zombies. But, this isn't trying to be a serious movie so it's easy to look past the Carl Lewis nazis (oxymoron).

love ur signature quote. if theres ever a real remake of dawn,dave chappelle should play that part

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    love ur signature quote. if theres ever a real remake of dawn,dave chappelle should play that part
    Funny, I've always said that looked exactly like Dave Chappelle!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    fuck brad pit, now i can only hear the word in my head as "nassiez"

United States
    My brother just got a copy of this and I borrowed it tonight. He gave it rave reviews, I can't wait to get a free moment to view it.

United States

Review

OMFG THAT WAS AWESOME!

The Opening Sequence is one of the coolest I have ever seen.

I watched with the English Audio tonight. I'm going to rewatch it with the subtitles tomorrow. (Yes, I was afraid that all the 'reading' would distract me )

The soundtrack and score are fantastic!

If you get a chance to see this, I highly reccomend it. It's a great combination of Action/Horror/Camp. I loved every freaking second of it.

Notable scenes:

The sex scene in the outhouse followed by the lovely lass getting pulled down in the shithole by the Nazi.

The fat kid getting his melon yanked apart and his brain hitting the floor.

Not one, not two, but three zombies experience death by snowmobile

The premice of the male characters being medical students comes into play at least twice that I can recall. The scene where the kid on the snowmobile stitches up his own neck with a hook and line is gut wrenchingly realistic.

The other scene is pretty cheese, but gory enough to make up for it. I love that the dude opts to slice and dice his own arm off with a chainsaw he has coated in zombie blood, in order to avoid infection. Alrighty then

The scene where Martin and the other kid bust into the shed made me shed a tear for the A-Team. Speaking of, there is a pretty decent nod to Indiana Jones. There is also a scene where a Norweigan does an impersonation of Arnie, which I watched dubbed in english and therefore listened to an American actor impersonate Arnie...

It did take them way too long to decide to abandon that flimsy cabin. But, it doesn't drag out the movie, so it's excusable.

Best line ever: "Well, where did you get a machinegun?"

These are definitely not Romero zombies. They're fast, they can think, and they use weapons. However, they do look like a buncha dudes that have been naturally mummified by ice. (This also made them brittle enough to kill with a single backhand, a characteristic the victims only ever seemed to exploit by sheer accident and not catch on to.)

The old guy that swings by the cabin cracked me up. "Make me some coffee, I'm drinking your beer. Anybody mind if I smoke? And oh yeah, there are Nazi Zombies on the loose. I gotta split, I'm gonna go pitch my tent in the woods and act surprised when I get my ass killed."

The end was pretty predictable. Ala Pirates of the Caribbean.

Okay...it had some flaws. But overall, it was a great watch. I'm definitely buying my own copy after I return my brother's.