And thats exactly what Potter (yer new nickname, bud) & I have been doing, though I did enjoy your post Philly, and I'm sure that to an extent you're probably correct in regard to how often an individual actor may have viewed their own films.

As Far as Ken is concerned, I asked him what the timespan that he and the rest of the cast were told that their characters had been inhabiting the mall, he stated that it was "supposedly" a timespan of 6 to eight months according to the script that he originally read. Simple enough??
Since he was involved and read the script originally written by George himself, for me, that's good enough to prove the point I was trying to make ... the length of time spent inhabiting the mall.

I based my assumptions on Frans pregnancy.

Any man on this board who is married and experienced having a child, can attest to the time frames I mentioned in my earlier posts, one does not need to be a "Master of all things Pregnant" as my esteemed collegue dubbed me, my statements are not based in fiction, nor opinion, regarding the pregnancy issue they're common fact.
Ken backed my statements with what was explained to him while filming the movie. Thats not too difficult for me to accept.

Ipotts based his on the calendars, which is all fine and good as well... but the flaw I have with that is somone mentioned DST on this...well DST is implement twice a year here in the states , in October & April ...again we have that magic number: 6 months on either side of it.
Now when they landed all were wearing jackets and dressed for colder weather, so it could have been October, it could have been April, but if it were April & the group stayed for 4 months... it would have been summer when they left & no need for Jackets on retreat from the mall. Fran was wearing one when she got in the chopper, doesn't make sense...

If it were October and the zombie plague began, then all would need jackets , and when the ending happens it would still be chilly enough for the jacket Fran was wearing (6 months later),BUT ! had it been four months , we would have seen snow for it would have been mid January. There is no snow apparent when Peter and Fran fly off.
When you look all these factors over ...I'm not going to claim I'm right, but doesnt it all make sense??