Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defending Day O8

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Resurrecting an old thread here...

I had seen bits of this film before, but tonight I watched the whole thing. It was on one of those movie channels and nothing else was on, so the lady and I thought "what the hell?!?". We looked at it as a Mystery Science Theater kind of thing and popped open a bottle to enjoy it.

Jesus Mary and Joseph it's worse than I thought....

Seriously....put aside the fact that I love the original(the wife does too) and put aside that i'm a zombie fan in general.....This is COMPLETE SHIT.

At first we compared it to made-for-tv garbage, but as it progressed we realized that this is WORSE than made-for-tv garbage. Nothing about this movie made sense. It's as if the writer checked out a cliff notes book on the original film, read one chapter and then wrote down whatever sounds his farts made.

Seriously. What a big fat fucking joke. And I remember when members of the crew behind this travesty were here on the boards assuring us that they loved the original and were doing it justice. Whoever that was...go fuck yourself.

Fuck...I want those 90 minutes of my life back. And those were 90 minutes where I had absolutely nothing better to do...
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Oct-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I bet as soon as the first review appeared on this site about Ghey08 they ran a mile...

Any production crew with the balls to come back here and justify this vile advert for abortion should do it, come back and get what's coming to you...unless you were a runner or something...in fact, even if you WERE a runner - fuck it...you were helping to feed and facilitate the production of probably the worst movie since Leprechaun in Space.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United Kingdom
    I've tried to sit through this pile of wank twice. The first time I lasted about 20 minutes, the second time I lasted 25. Why did I bother with a second viewing? I guess I just had to sit through the whole thing to really make a balanced judgement on it. No, 25 minutes is enough, thanks. I even made it through the whole of Children of the Living Dead once. Were people involved in this "film" really here saying they were doing the original justice? Oh god.
    Kill 'em All

Super Moderator

UK
    I suffered through the whole thing, and only because I was making a bitch-list about everything I hated about it.

127 reasons in 87 minutes why Ghey'08 is utter shite (in three parts):

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04...-part-one.html
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04...-part-two.html
    http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04...art-three.html

50) "Oh my God, you're fucking kidding me!" ... is what I actually said as a shitty CGI 'zombie' scuttles across the ceiling. SERIOUSLY.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    put aside that i'm a zombie fan in general.....This is COMPLETE SHIT.
    it's not even shit. it's so bad that it doesn't even suck because there is no excuse for this celluloid abortion.

i laugh every time i hear something about this movie because i always think back to capn's benny hill comparison. he's right, the way the zombies move in ghey 08 reminds me a lot of benny hill.

"The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    But it is like Benny Hill, the zombies are all sped up. One scene from Ghey 08 that sticks in my mind is when you see about four or five zombies pogoing and diving headfirst into somebody's front door at high speed. It's a serious WTF moment.
    Last edited by capncnut; 17-Oct-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    never saw it but it seems it may be worth checking out for comedy purposes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    never saw it but it seems it may be worth checking out for comedy purposes.
    ugh. it's not even good for that. like i said before, ghey 08 is sooooo bad that it doesn't even suck.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned User

Undisclosed
    k i shall continue to avoid it like the plague

Great Britain
    I've bought this film and it does have its uses, its keeping my coffee table steady as we speak

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    I've bought this film and it does have its uses, its keeping my coffee table steady as we speak
    I was blessed that it was a freebie when I was getting B1G1 Blu-Rays. Believe me I searched high and low looking for another freebie, but most of the freebies available I already had on HD DVD, so I said... fuck it, its free. That sumbitch is still in the retail seal from the store.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

United States
    I added it to my 360's Netflix queue, so who knows..I may actually give it a look some day soon.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    You know, and I mean this in all seriousness, I may get this and watch it a week or so before seeing Survival. That should seriously up my enjoyment of Romero's work, no matter how good or bad Survival turns out to be.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    You know, and I mean this in all seriousness, I may get this and watch it a week or so before seeing Survival. That should seriously up my enjoyment of Romero's work, no matter how good or bad Survival turns out to be.
    That, my friend, is not a bad idea. Not at all.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    I've caught bits on TV, and it does seem appalling. It's almost as bad as 'The Asylum' levels of film making!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan