Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Defending Day O8

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Then again, if you go into it KNOWING it's crap, maybe you can appreciate it as crap? All the movies I've ever been disappointed by I went into thinking they were going to be GOOD & they turned out to be CRAP.
    Wow. Ok. I resend my own theory. Even knowing how bad it was going in really didn't prepare me for how bad it was. The internet being what it is, & the level of hyperbole that it is sometimes given to makes things hard to believe sometimes, but in this case it's true.

With out going into histrionics, what I can say is that it is really stupid & pointless &, it makes the cardinal sin of a grade Z movie, it's boring as well. Very poorly written.

Quite a shame. If they'd have stuck with even remotely more traditional zombies it would have been an adequate Z grade flick, but the ridiculous ones they went with, coupled with all the other flaws just push it beyond bad to the point it isn't even entertaining.

I don't regret having seen it, as I prefer to see things for myself, and this is one you really have to see to believe. I might have to watch it again, because even as I think back about it I'm having a hard time believing what I just saw. Seriously.

I think it's dethroned Children of the Living Dead as my worst of all time.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 25-Oct-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    i don't know if its my self-destructive personality but such rotten reviews only make me want to see it more. i don't know why i subject myself to these things knowing i will hate them but i am so gonna buy this movie lol

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    i don't know if its my self-destructive personality but such rotten reviews only make me want to see it more. i don't know why i subject myself to these things knowing i will hate them but i am so gonna buy this movie lol
    . . . . and the wheel continues to turn.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I just saw it...i'm still trying to process it...more later.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    anyone bother listening to commentary on it? The screenplay author attempts to defend the script. Listening to the commentary is pretty fricken funny as you collect their thought process on this steaming pile.

Canada
    Goddamn Mena is cute as hell. Just saw, this, and while some parts pissed me off, I never really raged at it or anything.

"meh" sums this movie up, with a slight leaning towards "not so good".

One thing that bothers me though....Why is the military shown as stupidly ineffective against zombies? It is like the writers have to make the army act stupid and do unintelligent things in these movies. It just bothers me.

United States
    After thinking about it long & hard, I did think of something that Ghey '08 is good for:

It makes Dawn '04 look good by comparison.

I have my quibbles w/ Dawn '04, but hold this it next to it & it goes WAAAYYYY up in comparison...it's suddenly like a goddamn Oscar winning movie.

United States
    Would have been better if they had just called it what it really is, "House of the Dead 3".

Well, not better, but you get the idea.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Undisclosed
    Saw it listed on cable and with all the wonderful reviews here I had to see it.
    Actually I taped it so now I'm looking for another hour an a half movie (or an hour show and maybe a sit-com, or even an infomercial. ) cuz no way is this staying on my tape any longer than neccessary.

Still I wondered that Mena was slumming because didn't she do enough decent work to stay away from crap like this?

I can't add anything new except that for all you who hated the original Day(for all the wrong reasons. ) maybe this'll give you a proper sense of perspective.

Wayne Z
    "All this that you're doing, it's all bullshit. "
    Day of The Dead(85)

Dying

United States
    As a zombie completist, I had to check this one out. It was poor. Very poor. I mean, I was entertained to some degree, but its hard not to entertain me if zombies are involved, and I can't think of anything positive to say about this movie. At the same time, there was parts that really pissed me off. (Vegetarian Bub....really? Nick Canon.....yea?)

Its a shitty movie. I might have given it more of a chance if it had a different name, but it would still suck either way. Its worth a one-time-watch for zombie completists like myself, and never again, if only to use as something to compare half-decent flicks to.

Undisclosed
    damn it.
    Last edited by Cinerary; 20-Jul-2010 at 12:46 PM.