Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anti-French Sentiment

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    ned, you could put a coffee table book together about all of silvio berlusconi's idiotic moments and he was the leader of italy for years.
    True, I forgot about him. But he's a total dickhead, and more of a baby than any amount of anything could ever hope to muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    then there is the fact that people in europe (who fancy themselves as so much more cultured than americans or canadians) routinely kill each other and riot over fucking soccer games. hell, the italian league had to play to empty stadiums a year or so ago because of all the violence.
    If by soccer, you mean football, then yes. I know what you mean. And football fans are idiots too. But I've yet to see them hold congress.

As for the Parliament fight, that's just the way we do it in Russia.

United States
    First off, i dont want anyone thinking i dont like Ned.
    I always have, and still do.

we had a disagreement about Uwe Boll
    my calling him a nazi in Neds eyes led to the
    fact I was calling all german people nazis and
    that was wrong to insult a whole country,
    yet here he is insulting a whole country.
    whatever.

I dont even care.

But 'this is how we do things in russia"?

YOU DONT LIVE IN RUSSIA!

I am sorry but the sensors in my computer have
    officailly declared this a Moronic Thread.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Ok, I'm not gonna discuss the anti-french sentiment persay... But I happened across this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Fr..._United_States

And I have to say, you can tell that the US is a very young country, because damned, those are some of the most ****ing immature, laughable, pathetic things I've ever heard!

Especially this part:

"Congressman Billy Tauzin from Louisiana, the only Cajun in the United States House of Representatives, removed the French language section of his official website because of anti-French sentiment. Congressman Roy Blunt began using jokes implying that the French were cowards."

Well, say what you will about France. At least they haven't got people with the minds of 12 year olds in their government.
    I've mentioned before the $hit my french mate got from/in the US when France didn't join in the Iraq invasion... Unbelievable!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Meh. This thread was started for one reason only, as far as I'm concerned, and that was to stick a thumb in people's eye over a dead news issue.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've mentioned before the $hit my french mate got from/in the US when France didn't join in the Iraq invasion... Unbelievable!
    Never heard that story before. Mind telling?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Meh. This thread was started for one reason only, as far as I'm concerned, and that was to stick a thumb in people's eye over a dead news issue.
    Actually, I got seriously pissed and wanted to vent. But I suppose that depends on how you view it.

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    You need to crack open some news resources, then, Ned. I feel as though I've seen half a dozen or so incidents of fistfights in cabinet-level meetings, politicians at political rallies or legislative hearings in Europe (albeit usually Eastern Europe) and Asia over the last few years alone.
    Whuh? Europe isn't a country, it's a bit unfair to slag off one country based on what another does. we might as well lump mexico & canada in with the US
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    Whuh? Europe isn't a country, it's a bit unfair to slag off one country based on what another does. we might as well lump mexico & canada in with the US

Did you read my reply within the context of this thread? I'm unsure how what I wrote could lead you, in any way, to believe that I was referring to Europe or Asia as countries in and of themselves, OR that I was doing anything other than pointing out that people act crazy everywhere by way of a quick off-the-cuff example.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany