Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
I am often accused of over-analyzing movies to the point that I cannot enjoy them for what they are. But I gotta say - you guys make me look quite under-analytical.

I'm one of the people who think that the movies all exist within the same universe with the same rules. In Land I believe if they looked hard enough they'd find a farmhouse with a burnt truck outside, a Mall with trucks parked across the doors, and an underground research facility with signs that survivors had been looking for answers. Fran and Peter and Sarah and John and Bill and Riley and Charlie are all out there and could find each other.

I agree with a lot of the posters in this thread that the movies are set in the indeterminate present and the 70's look of Dawn is merely a function of when the movie was filmed, not when it was set.

I enjoy that each movie is a continuation of the storyline of the world's descent into zombies, with each movie showing that descent from the perspective of a different group. I enjoy that too much to get tripped up on differences in fashion or video games.

I just don't know how anyone can enjoy the later movies without the context of the previous ones to set the stage.
Excellent post, and very well put.