Thread: LOL...Youtube questions

United States

LOL...Youtube questions

Well, after going to the trouble of making a really cool video and uploading it, I get a notice that there is a "audio copyright" thing, and the video is posted with no audio. They want me to use their "swap audio" feature to put in new music. Ummmm......everything in the video was timed to match perfectly with my selected audio...the video will be no where near as good without the audio intended.

So, two questions....

1) Does anyone know of a way to check if a song will work BEFORE spending time on the video?
    2) Does anyone know of a site other than youtube to where this wouldnt happen?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I figure it out !
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 09-Jan-2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    that's damn weird esp. with the all the music uploaded to youtube. i just uploaded a vid yesterday with music set to a still pic and have had no problems.

what audio format was the music in? that might be your problem if it was in an uncompressed format like flac or shorten. other than that, this sounds pretty damn perplexing.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    that's damn weird esp. with the all the music uploaded to youtube. i just uploaded a vid yesterday with music set to a still pic and have had no problems.

what audio format was the music in? that might be your problem if it was in an uncompressed format like flac or shorten. other than that, this sounds pretty damn perplexing.
    Actually, after researching this online, I have discovered that it is common for certain things to be automatically recognized as copyrighted. I think I have found a solution. I will wait a while before reposting, and see if it works.

EDIT: Apparently more research is needed.
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 09-Jan-2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You Tube is clamping down something fierce. Videos uploaded in other countries, cannot be streamed on US puters for some reason, especially if it is copyrighted material.

I see the death of You Tube coming soon.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You Tube is clamping down something fierce. Videos uploaded in other countries, cannot be streamed on US puters for some reason, especially if it is copyrighted material.

I see the death of You Tube coming soon.

I see a disturbing pattern that would make us no better than the chinese i terms of censoring content.

What's next? Stopping images from wars from being viewed as well? I'm sure they could find a legitimate gov't purpose that would justify doing so. They always do.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    to be blunt youtube sucks, id stick with a better site like vimeo or something.