Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

UK
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Super Moderator

UK
    I've just finishing reading this:

James Ellroy's fourth novel, and the second in the Lloyd Hopkins Trilogy.

And I've just started reading this:

Really digging it so far.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    The story of the house, written in letter form, is brilliant!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Scotland
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 21-Aug-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: correction
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Administrator

England
    ^^ Any good?

I'm currently reading:-

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Up to page 56 on the DOTD book now - where are you up to Neil?

I'm really enjoying it. Tons of info and so much detail, and even a little bit of behind the scenes gossip - fascinating stuff!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Attached Images

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I'm really enjoying it. Tons of info and so much detail, and even a little bit of behind the scenes gossip - fascinating stuff!
    Yeh, yeh...stop boasting!

Jerks!

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I'm away on holiday so only have a low quality PDF review copy to read via a notebook - not friendly - so only about 30 pages in. My pucker edition is being delivered today to my work address, so won't get that until I return to work next Wed.

ps: The fact it's a low quality/res PDF version means the images are super poor quality too
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Yeh, yeh...stop boasting!

Jerks!

Is it not out yet in the Emerald Isles?

I'd definitely recommend getting a copy. Read a few more pages last night before bed and it seems the pre-production was somewhat fraught - a bit of drama, like - stuff I had no idea whatsoever about. Like I said - fascinating stuff.

Neil - ah, I see. Well, the book itself - you'll be pleased to know - looks really nice. Very well presented.

Ireland
    I've had it pre-ordered, but no dispatch yet.

I don't no how many Lee got printed up, so mine may be in a second batch or something?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I've had it pre-ordered, but no dispatch yet.

I don't no how many Lee got printed up, so mine may be in a second batch or something?
    I see one some sites it has something like '1 to 3 weeks' dispatch time which, I think, is an indicator that they're run out of stock and are waiting on more - so perhaps that's the case with your order. I had mine pre-ordered in December, so I'd have been early in the queue for the stock allocated to the seller, or however the system works.

Hopefully you'll get your copy soon. It'll be worth the wait though.

I'm about a third of the way through - just about to embark on the production phase of the flick.

Undisclosed

Words cannot express the joy of finaly owning this. It's the complete The Airtight Garage (Le Garage Hermétique) by Moebius which has been out of print for ages. A dutch publisher (sherpa) has reprinted a luxurious reprint of 500 copies. Not a lot, but then again I can imagine there not being that much of interest in it where I live (comic book stores have become increasingly flooded with subpar, cheap superhero comics and not much else). Had it preordered since Januari, it came in today.

If you can find a copy of it anywhere (I presume the comics are more popular in English, especially in America where this series was once published by Marvel) I can recommend it. It will blow your mind.

Last edited by krisvds; 23-Aug-2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Ansichten eines Clowns- Heninrich Boll. Boll is another of my favorite writers.

I just finished off "Der Richter und sein Henker" by Durrenmatt. Pretty good. Sorry I cant find the umlaut key on my phone.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

81sofFowS9L.jpg