Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Administrator

England

Just finished it... Very inventive and interesting cyper-punk novel.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK

UK

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    Ahh! The axe instead! I remember now!
    -Carl Sagan

UK

UK

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm reading a book called The History of the Persian Empire, which is specifically about the Achaemenid Empire. The title is pretty self-explanatory.

I also picked up this today, which I'm guessing plenty around here have read already:

Last edited by EvilNed; 01-Feb-2015 at 03:23 PM. Reason: fsdmjköfgmlö

UK

United States
    The Strain trilogy.

Undisclosed
    Just finished rereading Clive Barker's Thief of Always, published in 1992.
    It's a story about a restless young boy named Harvey, who feeling devoured by February is invited to a magical house where all the seasons play out over the course of a day. But as in the tradition of Ray Bradbury and Roald Dahl fables, perpetual childhood has a dark price attached.

32638.jpg

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by tkane18 View Post
    The Strain trilogy.
    I found the 2nd and 3rd books weaker than the first... but still enjoyable
    -Carl Sagan

UK

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I found the 2nd and 3rd books weaker than the first... but still enjoyable
    I just finished the Strain trilogy and I agree with that assessment.

The most amazing thing about this book series is the incredible depth of detail into the lives, occupations, habits, nuances, etc. of the people and locales represented in the books.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.