Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: What are you currently reading?

United States
    The Fairy Tales of Herman Hesse

UK
    Stephen Kings Duma Key
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    Stephen Kings Duma Key
    Oooooooh! I really liked that one! Let me know what you think!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Just finished the entire manga for Azumanga Daioh this past week (over 700 pages!), and now I'm starting on 'Who Censored Roger Rabbit?'.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm not reading anything, as reading is for pussies.

Just kidding, I'm reading Sapiens.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm reading "The Cold Six Thousand", the second part in James Ellroy's 'Underworld Trilogy', a sprawling epic spanning years during the hotbed of American turmoil. The first book in the series (American Tabloid) went from 1958 to the assassination of JFK. This second book picks up right where the previous one left off and then pivots the story into Las Vegas, the mob, the KKK, Howard Hughes' goal of taking over Vegas, drugs, civil rights, and more. Like I said - epic stuff - all with Ellroy's hard-hitting staccato style.

UK
    Just finished Richard Bachmans/Stephen Kings Blaze, was pleasantly surprised. Now rereading Under The Dome.

Administrator

England
    Just finished Richard Bachmans/Stephen Kings Blaze, was pleasantly surprised. Now rereading Under The Dome.
    Oh... I loved Blaze!

If I recall he shelved it for many years didn't he thinking it wasn't good enough to publish?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Doomsday Book by Connie Willis

United States
    Just finished 'Shit Magnet' by Jim Goad and I'm now reading 'Answer Me!' (the first three issues.) I just received his latest book in the mail today and I can't wait to tear into it.
    - Jeff

UK
    The Stand by Sir King ..... again

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm gradually picking my way through "Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci" - it's a gargantuan book all about the goremeister's film career. Tons of info and lots of stills from the movies and advertising campaigns, too. The definitive word on the filmmaker.

Administrator

England
    The Stand by Sir King ..... again
    Tell me if the ending is better this time
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Tell me if the ending is better this time

I still think Stu & Fran should have stayed in Boulder

Administrator

England
    The Shining... Loved the Doctor Sleep film so intend to remind myself of the Shining book and then film... I'd forgotten all about this story, so bits of Doctor Sleep are making more sense now
    -Carl Sagan