Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by tkane18 View Post
    The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

Attachment 1330
    Any good?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

UK

UK

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    What's it like? Good read, or best just sticking with the movie?

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What's it like? Good read, or best just sticking with the movie?
    Yes its a brilliant read. There's lots more in the book then there is in the movie but the movie is brilliant too!!

UK

UK
    Revisiting a classic......

Administrator

England
    ^^ Just a shame about the ending! (Like so many of King's novels)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post
    Revisiting a classic......
    I've always enjoyed the"interlude" sections of the novel. I think those are some of the better sections of that.colossus. the whole book doesnt always work.for me.but I can read those.sections over and over.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

UK

Super Moderator

UK

The 3rd and final Lloyd Hopkins book "Suicide Hill" from James Ellroy (the 5th book he wrote). Mid-way through and really enjoying it.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Great scifi from one of the titans of the genre. Ever read "the cat who walks through walls"?or"to sail beyond the sunset"? Both are worth a look. So is "the past through tomorrow", which is a collection Heinlein's Future History stories arranged chronologically, starting with "Lifeline" and ending with "Methuselah's children"

At present I'm reading "Die Nacht von Lissabon" by Remarque. Incredible book.
    Last edited by Mike70; 09-Oct-2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: g
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    ^^ Cheers for the tips!
    -Carl Sagan