Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis

Ok, we all know part 4 & 5 are very very bad films. I mean beyond bad. I am just curious why every zombie/comedy/spoof/campy film has to reference Romero.

In this film is a female character referred to as Romero. I can see Shaun doing it (even though they didn't), I can even under stand Day of the Dead 2 having the homage... but why does ROTLD: Necropolis do it? It isn't even a Romero film.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think it's a nice little homage that should keep going. He invented the genre as we know it. I mean, without Night of the Living Dead, there would be no Return of the Living Dead.

ViP

United States
    Every geek that makes a zombie flick will reference Romero.

C'mon, there has to be a Romero reference somewhere in Deadlands! I know I've got a few in my upcoming flick

United States
    i find the whole return of the living dead series a joke, at best

United States
    I don't recognize these flicks as part of the zombie genre - they're campy comedies made for kids.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye the only comedy zombie films i consider moderatly horror like are shaun and undead.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    aye the only comedy zombie films i consider moderatly horror like are shaun and undead.
    Ahhh, Shaun of the Dead sits proudly next to Romero's LD series in my collection. That Return crap is too annoying.

United States
    I suspect some do it to try & lend credibility to their rep. "Oooh, look at us, we know who GAR is, so we're COOL! Right? Right?!?!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Ahhh, Shaun of the Dead sits proudly next to Romero's LD series in my collection. That Return crap is too annoying.
    aye, same here. shaun is easily on par with the holy trilogy , cant wait for hot fuzz.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    Every geek that makes a zombie flick will reference Romero.

C'mon, there has to be a Romero reference somewhere in Deadlands! I know I've got a few in my upcoming flick

Actually I have zero references to his name or any dialogue from his movies. Some have considered the title a reference to LAND, but it isn't.

I have one reference to one Zombie film and it is RETURN of the LIVING DEAD part 1.

Quote Originally Posted by creepntom
    i find the whole return of the living dead series a joke, at best

The first one was great. The sequels are so so up to part 3 then total trash after that.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 10-May-2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG

The first one was great.
    ????

Oh my.

The only good thing(s) about the first one is the dancing naked punk chicka and the end credits. The rest is a waste of film (and time).

Super Moderator

UK
    Cos GAR is da man, yo.

Well, he is the father of the modern zombie film, the flesh-eating ghoul all grows from Night. I haven't seen Return 4 and 5 yet, was trying to download them at one point but not enough people were involved in the process so I gave up and downloaded something popular.

I'd like to check them out though, with reviews such as yours I'm not expecting anything ... so hopefully that'll play into my hands when I do come to watch them.

ViP

United States
    I don't have any GAR quotes but a couple of shots are very similar. One was intentional, the other wasn't.

I love the original Return of the Living Dead, it is one of my favorite films of all time.

Part two has grown on me, although I despised it the first time I saw it.

Part three has grown on me as well, especially the unrated version!

Part four and five I loved immediately. Great fun!

Undisclosed
    Here's my opinion of the series.

The Return Of The Living Dead: One of the best zombie movies. Scary and funny, and IMO better than Shaun of The Dead (even thought SOTD was good too).

Return Of The Living Dead Part II: Decent. I enjoyed it as a kid, and still do. Had great special effects.

Return Of The Living Dead 3: Never did like it. But I just ordered it online and I will give it a second chance.

Return Of The Living Dead Necropolis: Aside from some bad acting, the zombies dieing, and some dialogue, I thought it was entertaining, gory, fun.

Return Of The Living Dead Rave To The Grave: A little more of a comedy than Necropolis. Still entertaining, but had more annoying characters. But who does not like the return of Tarman?

There you go. Rave had a coach named Coach Savini, so theres no doubt thats a reference.

Super Moderator

UK
    The red head from part three is in The OC isn't she? She had a nice set of bewbs on her ... sorry to any ladies reading, I'm just that horny tonight.

The original Return was a really fun flick - I larfed when my sister asked "what the hell is this crap, it's so bad" when she saw a clip while I was watching it and she was surfing the intraweb. Return 2 was quite fun, I think I watched it first when I was off sick from school so it has that sick-day fun vibe for me, like Police Academy 5. It's not art, sh*t, it's not that good ... but it's got a nice vibe. Incidentally, the sick day I watched P.A. 5 - I watched it twice, back to back, I liked it that much, haha.

Return 3? Hot bewbs aside, it was again a fun flick, Yuzna spreading his seed nicely with some good gloopy gore flying about, you've gotta love the zombie that straightens its head, thus half-skinning it's own head cos the flesh was stuck to its shoulder - noiiice. Now I have an appetite for a Re-Animator marathon...

Hopefully I'll get to see 4 and 5 sometime soon. I dug Eight Legged Freaks ... and I'm a fudging arachnophobic for crying out loud! Yes ... Scarlett Johansson's hot bod and Kari Wuhrer's choice bewb n bot combo helped a lot ... see, told you I was friggin' horny tonight.