Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just when you think people can't get any sicker...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i've already weighed in on this issue at length but i'll put a few more cents in the pot.

the thing that makes my blood run cold over things like this is how a person(s) can objectify another in such a manner. how can a person suffer from such a serious moral and character malfunction? how can you look at another person and not almost instinctively understand that they are an individual with an intrinsic worth like you have? that they have the same feelings as you do, a life, family and friends that love them and care about what happens to them.

i can understand murder when done out of anger or revenge but how some people can simply make sport of someone's life is something i'll never understand.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i've already weighed in on this issue at length but i'll put a few more cents in the pot.

the thing that makes my blood run cold over things like this is how a person(s) can objectify another in such a manner. how can a person suffer from such a serious moral and character malfunction? how can you look at another person and not almost instinctively understand that they are an individual with an intrinsic worth like you have? that they have the same feelings as you do, a life, family and friends that love them and care about what happens to them.

i can understand murder when done out of anger or revenge but how some people can simply make sport of someone's life is something i'll never understand.
    My thoughts exactly... And how can this be the case for three individuals all from reasonably good homes etc. ie: Not just one individuals turned out this way, but three did

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    how can you look at another person and not almost instinctively understand that they are an individual with an intrinsic worth like you have?
    It is a totally alien mindset- but as for equating your worth with other people's- check out some footage of psychopathic serial killers being convicted, or read reports about the trial... it's often noted that they don't seem too bothered about their own death sentences either.

Psychopaths are truly frightening people.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.