Thread: could you imagine....

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

could you imagine....

could you imagine a zombie outbreak during obama's inaugral ceremony on the grounds were it was being held all those tens of thousands of people?

what are some of your ideas for a outbreaks?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombill View Post
    could you imagine a zombie outbreak during obama's inaugral ceremony on the grounds were it was being held all those tens of thousands of people?

Olympics would be good, but we'll have none of that running bollocks!

Failing that...

A small team of peace protestors break in to a medical compound where it is believed that tests are being run on hundreds of zombies to find a cure. A quick thinking guard locks the gate behind them as they realise it is only an open plan holding facility...job done.

Not so much of an outbreak, but hilarious none the less.
    Last edited by ItsJustaScratch; 20-Jan-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Once Bitten, Forever Smitten.

Super Moderator

United States
    Nah, the Obama-related outbreak of zombies was already in full swing last year.

(Sorry, couldn't help it )

But seriously, yeah, it'd be utter pandemonium! I just hope all goes smoothly and safely for the nation tonight.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States

www.amazon.com/grammar-for-dummies.htm

It was estimated that 2 million people were on hand for Obama's inauguration. If somehow "patient zero" got into that crowd, it could be disaster for sure. Not only is DC a populous area to begin with, but with 2 million people all in close proximity to each other, the initial outbreak would spread incredibly fast. Two other factors...1) DC is relatively close to Philly, NY, Boston, Baltimore, etc. The spread would happen very quick in that area of the Eastern seaboard. And 2), the power structure of the country, both civilian and military, are stationed in DC. Not only could zombies attack/kill our leaders, but would cause chaos in the area where they are trying to work, and even if the leaders remained relatively unattacked, for sure some of their friends and family would be subjected to injury/death in all the mayhem, making it hard for them to concentrate on the growing national emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    But seriously, yeah, it'd be utter pandemonium! I just hope all goes smoothly and safely for the nation tonight.
    What's happening tonight? The transfer of power just happened a little after noon.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    What's happening tonight? The transfer of power just happened a little after noon.
    I know, but I keep forgetting. It seems like too many advertising dollars could be pulled down for the thing not to happen during primetime.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    It was estimated that 2 million people were on hand for Obama's inauguration. If somehow "patient zero" got into that crowd, it could be disaster for sure. Not only is DC a populous area to begin with, but with 2 million people all in close proximity to each other, the initial outbreak would spread incredibly fast. Two other factors...1) DC is relatively close to Philly, NY, Boston, Baltimore, etc. The spread would happen very quick in that area of the Eastern seaboard. And 2), the power structure of the country, both civilian and military, are stationed in DC. Not only could zombies attack/kill our leaders, but would cause chaos in the area where they are trying to work, and even if the leaders remained relatively unattacked, for sure some of their friends and family would be subjected to injury/death in all the mayhem, making it hard for them to concentrate on the growing national emergency.
    now that would make for one hell of a uber zombie flick, could even be epic!

United States
    For an outbreak to "happen" somewhere, you need a dead body on hand first. How many public functions are going to wheel an uncasketed corpse out into the open?

United States

I was wondering the same damn thing!!

I was watching on the news where they were showing satelite pics of the Mall that day and it was insane. HUGE clusters of people everywhere. It would be chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    For an outbreak to "happen" somewhere, you need a dead body on hand first. How many public functions are going to wheel an uncasketed corpse out into the open?
    Heart Attack in the crowd. Then some trampeling deaths. Lots of stuff could happen.
    Last edited by clanglee; 23-Jan-2009 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Ummmm...the odds of someone dying in the midst of 2,000,000 people would not be unusual. Although I must say, it gave me a chuckle to think of someone wheeling an uncasketed corpse out into open at a public function!

United States
    102 year ancestor of a slave wants to show up to show her support, dies of heat stroke. Due to good living she has retained her teeth...

Kindly and goodhearted Paramedic leans over her, going about his work. He pauses to listen for her vitals, he looks away to answer the question of a crying relative and he is bitten on the neck.

Chaos ensues.

United States
    LOL ^ to the old lady dying. horrible that I laugh at that.

But I heard somewhere that there was about 15,000 active cops in the area. Not counting secret service, snipers, national guard etc. etc., and they were all trained for possible rioting.

I think they might be able to handle it. Then again, 2,000,000 people is a lot. And it would spread fast.

Obama'd know what to do!

(I'm speaking in future/present tense. Inauguration happened a week ago. Oh well.)
    Last edited by LoneCrusader; 30-Jan-2009 at 08:22 PM.