Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What other forums do you post in?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland

What other forums do you post in?

Having lurked around these forums occasionally since about 2000, I actually only started posting here a short while back. I used to be a regular on the All Things Zombie forums, and posted on there quite a bit (under a different screen name), but the owner has pretty much abandoned the site for quite some time and the quality of the boards has begun to slip - now it seems to be about 50% survivalist wannabes using zombies as an excuse to argue over which automatic rifle is best, or whether building a moat filled with kerosine around their house is a good idea, and 50% kids who've seen Dawn 04, hate Romero and are convinced the zombies are gonna rise tomorrow. So I jumped ship.

I also used to post on the Sphere Wars forum (a Phantasm message board), but it was deleted.

I was just curious - do any of you guys regularly post on other forums (living dead, or non-living dead) or have you ever been on another board that just died out or became too obnoxious to bear? Come on - post your message board memories and nightmares here.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    none. this is the only one. i have dabbled in some other forums from time to time but usually lose interest quickly or am turned off by the antics that are allowed to go on.

i've been coming here for eons, have met some cool people and made some great net friends here over the years. HPOTD is a proper internet community, you come at first for the dead discussion but you hang around because of the people you meet. i don't really feel that i need any other forums.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I'm on Edoropolis, but really that place is really boring and kinda exclusive to outsiders, so I don't bother too much anymore. This place rocks.

Christmas Island
    Head-Fi, SnusOn, SimHQ, FlightSim, G-Shock, and of course HOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the forums for chris survival horror quest, the currently down silent hill uk forum, 4 player podcasts forum and the wow europe message board are the only ones i frequent.

United States
    Michael-Myers.net, NightOwl Productions, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and Here...

capncnut
    Quite a few, most of which I can't link here.

Other than a punk forum I also moderate, the Shenmue Dojo and, of course, Steptoe And Son forums.
    Last edited by capncnut; 21-Jan-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Undisclosed
    http://www.rossboxing.com/ For fight news and training advice.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ For video games. News, tips, codes, etc.

http://mechapinoy.net/forum/index.php For model kit building. It is a Filipino website and I was the only American member for a while. There are a couple more now, but I am still the only white guy. Mecha is very popular on here.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I also used to post on the Sphere Wars forum (a Phantasm message board), but it was deleted.
    Me too. I finally got One Dark Night and there is a lot of picture noise similar to what they simulated with Grindhouse, but it's not bad and it's a great movie. I'm happy with the Bloody School Girls pack it came in. It has Hal Holbrook in one of the movies and a Joe Bob Briggs commentary on the other one.

United States
    On www.dune2k.com A site all about Frank Herberts Dune (And that bastard money grubbing son of his)

http://thedeadwalk92428.yuku.com/directory the dead will walk, a forum based zombie role playing game. Longest game so far is over 100 pages!

Here...

I use to post on allthingszombie as well, but things got crazy and pretty much wasn't a zombie forum anymore. We had a mini "Stud forum" for roleplaying ect. It got so bad that the mod's at one point shut down all threads in the "survival" category and reset it.

It didn't work, and the forum went to shit.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    I use to post on allthingszombie as well, but things got crazy and pretty much wasn't a zombie forum anymore. We had a mini "Stud forum" for roleplaying ect. It got so bad that the mod's at one point shut down all threads in the "survival" category and reset it.

It didn't work, and the forum went to shit.
    Yeah, it's still the same. Initially, a lot of gun stuff used to get posted in the "Zombie Talk" section, so he made a new section for "Undead Survival and Defence", which was intended to keep the survivalist talk in one place, and keep the rest of the board for zombie/horror movie discussion. But it backfired, and the presence of the "USD" board just pulled in dozens upon dozens of wannabe Rambos with nothing more than a passing interest in zombies. So what you've got now is a forum where Survival and Defence is the main topic of discussion, and every second thread is a double thread that no one has bothered to clean up. I think DeadKev is just sick of the survival nuts and has pretty much abandoned the place, and the other mods aren't doing much. It's sad.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    gbfans.com
    ghostbusters.net
    protoncharging.com
    batman-on-film.com
    superherohype.com
    warwickbass.com
    311.com

But I visit none of those as much as HPotD.

Super Moderator

UK
    I occasionally look at other forums when needing to find out bits of info, but I have to say, I'm just too lazy for multi-forum-living ... I'm a whore for HPOTD and that's enough for me.

HPOTD FTW!

Kazakhstan
    I post on various music forums & a couple of Doctor Who forums, one of which I run

http://leisurehive.informe.com whore whore whore
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    Oh shit, yeah.