Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UNDER THE BED - NOW ONLINE (Wash DC 48hfp)

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh that's the camera I have access to at Rural Media. My personal camera is a Canon, but it was quite cheap when I got it and not of the same quality - but it does me fine for making my films and whatnot. If I had money then I'd obviously upgrade. I've had no real problems with the XM2, the only problem I did have was one of the XM2's at RMC had a f*cked zoom on it, had a life of it's own. Stick that together with a dud tripod which wobbled like a drunk hooker then you've got quite a fussy combination. Still, managed to shoot a whole film for BBC Local TV segment, so it's not all bad. Mind you, that zoom was bugging the fudge out of me. That was just from overuse over the months/years on that particular one. All the others work fine.

The second image doesn't load up however.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    you can google image PANASONIC DVX100 to see what we work with now on DEADLANDS.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

ViP

United States
    Hey DJ. Just wanted to let you know that the receptionist where I work really likes Under the Bed. She asked me for the link again just now, she wanted to watch it again. She is black and in her mid 50's. Just another demographic to add to your audience

She is very supportive of me working on my own films, so now she keeps talking about how I have to top Under the Bed, and Deadlands as well. She likes the trailer too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks for the feedback axlish.

Tell her we thank her for her support, and of course we thank everyone for their support.

I just got an email from the director that says "Some time later next week we should find out if Under The Bed makes it into the best of 48hfp DC 2006. If it does it will be shown again at the AFI in Silver Spring MD."

That was the best news I heard all day today, well that and "GARY the dealership called and said you car is ready." They gave me, a 300lb guy, a frigging subcompact to drive while it was having work done on it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn, that's a swish bit of kit. If someone gave me one of those I'd certainly not turn it down, lol. Ahhh...if only I had the money to get something much more swish, oh well, I'd rather struggle with no money now when I don't have a mortgage and a wife and kids than in my mid-life when I really need it.

'course, a win on the Premium Bonds wouldn't go amiss either

I'd get me a swish camera ... and a 360. I can't believe I haven't owned a console since the Mega Drive 2...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    WOW... You don't even have a play station at least?

Actually, you have all the gaming power you need right in front of you which if upgraded properly could stomp the ass out of any console system.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

ViP

United States
    I'm rocking a Genesis myself. DJ, hop back in chat!

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh, I've been a PC gamer since we got our first PC. Played some basic things like Lemmings and Tetris on a 386 we got, then Sim City 2000 and things like Carmageddon, Redneck Rampage and Quake (among others) on our Windows 95 machine. Then we got this one I'm currently on (ME) and got onto play more developed games then got my own laptop which did me alright for a while, then got myself a desktop to edit/play games on and that one handles Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 quite well. Although I think it's going to be outdated soon with some of these next-gen games pushing the limits, or games like Prey. If I won big on the lottery or something then I'd do a full-blown upgrade of my desktop. Although if I came into a bit of cash from some paid work or on a project I'm involved with now, then I'd totally get an Xbox 360. Had tons-o-fun on my housemate's original Xbox, I'd missed console gaming, but clearly, PC is for hardcore gamers while consoles are more open to amateurs all the way up to hardcore folk.

I'd never buy a playstation, I could never get along with it, the controller was awful and made my fingers hurt and I didn't think it was really that great (both versions). Now PS3 seems to be a cluster-f*ck, I like the cut of Xbox's jib.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Yeh, I've been a PC gamer since we got our first PC. Played some basic things like Lemmings and Tetris on a 386 we got, then Sim City 2000 and things like Carmageddon, Redneck Rampage and Quake (among others) on our Windows 95 machine. Then we got this one I'm currently on (ME) and got onto play more developed games then got my own laptop which did me alright for a while, then got myself a desktop to edit/play games on and that one handles Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 quite well. Although I think it's going to be outdated soon with some of these next-gen games pushing the limits, or games like Prey. If I won big on the lottery or something then I'd do a full-blown upgrade of my desktop. Although if I came into a bit of cash from some paid work or on a project I'm involved with now, then I'd totally get an Xbox 360. Had tons-o-fun on my housemate's original Xbox, I'd missed console gaming, but clearly, PC is for hardcore gamers while consoles are more open to amateurs all the way up to hardcore folk.

I'd never buy a playstation, I could never get along with it, the controller was awful and made my fingers hurt and I didn't think it was really that great (both versions). Now PS3 seems to be a cluster-f*ck, I like the cut of Xbox's jib.

my fave simulation games are Rollercoaster Tycoon and Sim City 4. I can play those for hours. The new game, the Movies is fun, but it gets boring after 6 hours of straight play. I can beat it in my sleep now, but I like making and shooting my own movies with the game. Gives me a higher studio ranking.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    my fave simulation games are Rollercoaster Tycoon ...
    oh my.....my girlfriend LOVES Rollercoaster Tycoon. She's got ALL of them (also a Zoo Tycoon thing that she wishes she could stick me in). There's also some sort of Alien Planet Tycoon thing she plays.
    I'm an old school MYST fan. Or RAMA. Or Lighthouse. I can't get into all of that Tycoon stuff.

Oh, for you oldie gamers, there's my FAVORITE called BioForge! Have any of you played that?
    oo and one from WAAAAY back in the day called "Out of this World". Back when WinDoze'95 was a pop.
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 13-May-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    I must give The Movies a try out, download it of course, lol. I'm paying for one game this month, so that's enough - if you're interested it's Hitman: Blood Money ... geeeeez I cannot wait for it, less than 2 weeks till it's out! Had that bitch on pre-order since last summer dagnammit.

Administrator

England
    That was a cool! Some nice jumps in there!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks for the feedback Neil.

The one thing this film had going for it was the jump scare factor. It was a good story, with good scares, and it was executed perfectly. The tone of the film even gives me the heeby jeebies.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh yeh Dj, that thing in the email you sent - noiiice.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought you'd like that.

There is an evil side in me at times.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!