Thread: F.E.A.R. 2 Demo Released (PC)

United States

F.E.A.R. 2 Demo Released (PC)

http://www.fileplanet.com/196225/190...fo/FEAR-2-Demo

Check it out if you haven't already.

Any thoughts?

I played though it and thought...:

Liked:
    • Scary. I jumped a few times....with the lights on!
    • Gore is still there.
    • Weapon Variety.
    • Nice graphics.
    • Ran great on my machine with Max settings.
    • Enemy AI is still great.

Disliked:
    • The zoom key can not be bound. (or I could not locate it - I am sure it's a demo bug).
    • Hopefully there is more variety in the combat in the actual game.
    • The ending to the demo?

Were you supposed to die inside the Mech at the end? I died and the demo ended.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just finished downloading it on my ps3, giving it a go now.

gimme 20 minutes.

So that was a fun 20 minutes.

honestly i was impressed by the outside portions, but the inside was the same cookie cutter rooms that people let slide in fear but jumped on like vultures to bitch about halo for. that said the paranormal aspects, including a cinema set piece was really nice, not scary, but really interesting.
    i dont remember if i played fear all the way through, i think so but honestly that games biggest problem was that it had a completely irrelevant plot that you either didn't care about, or had no idea what was going on.

luckily the scares only fell back on that crappy "crouch through a hole and have a rat run past the other side" style of technique that got old before this century began.

my only gripe with this game was the walking on ic movement, maybe it was because it dont have any fps games on my ps3 but it felt very loose, like you skidded to a stop when you moved. but aside form that i loved it and will definitely give it a go.
    Last edited by Danny; 23-Jan-2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Skidded to a stop? Sounds like the dude's got Gordon's shoes from Half-Life.

I haven't played the demo yet - but I must download it and give it a go - it's a big bastard at 1.8gb though.

Actually - I've still not played FEAR 1 yet, so I should track down a cheap copy of it and give it a bashing I guess.

United States
    Just finished the 360 demo, color me impressed. Great production values, awesome visuals, and a creepy atmosphere.

I just wish the guns had more weight to them, the shotgun doesn't feel very powerful.

Super Moderator

UK
    Am attempting to download the PC demo - 4.5 sodding hours remaining at 3% in.

Well, after five sodding hours, I've got it downloaded - will see about trying the demo later today/over the weekend.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Jan-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Okay chaps, I've installed and played the demo - I dig it.

The bendy HUD is perhaps a bit too far into the screen, but aside from that I like it. Great graphics, great atmosphere, cool weapons ... and the bit where Alma appears behind you (creating a noise and light that suggest something's happened, but not in front of you, so you decide to turn around and have a look - only to see scary-ass Alma standing there - shat me right up.

The Mech-like thingy too was great fun.

Still gotta get FEAR 1 mind you ... annoying it's hard to find, or even hard to find for a respectable price.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ... and the bit where Alma appears behind you (creating a noise and light that suggest something's happened, but not in front of you, so you decide to turn around and have a look - only to see scary-ass Alma standing there - shat me right up.
    /agreed