Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unusual decisions with Roger's Death

United States
    I agree with so much that has been said here. I personally would not have left him unrestrained to reanimate. I think in a zombie rising situation anyone bitten should be restrained or sequestered away from the living to ensure the safety of others.

Clean up? Why put yourself through it? After all the bonding they had been through, it would be traumatic. In the real world people pay thousands for the service of having another come in and clean up after your loved one has passed in your residence. It is more sanitary, and the emotion factor is not to be ignore in my opinion.

The residuals of living in a room where he died, reanimated, and was put down for good would weigh on you. Who knows what type of toll it would take?

United States
    I think they handled his death pretty much the way they should've handled it. Comfort him and let him be surrounded by his friends in the safe and familiar environment upstairs in the apartment. How much would it suck to be taken down to one of the stores to die?

As for his rising afterward. They could've wrapped him tightly in blankets as the end became near and he was too weak and incoherent to move anyway. That would've completely mitigated the threat of his rising. As soon as he dies you place a bag/sack over his head and wrap the body even tighter and move it out of the apartment to the roof. Even if he rises in transit you are safe.

Then incineration (poor man's cremation) in a dumpster on the roof. It could've been done immediately (without waiting for him to rise) and would've been sure. It's far better than burial in mall dirt.

And on a side topic (which someone else mentioned). Who the heck stacks piles of dead bodies 10 feet from the food? Were they preserving them in case they got really hungry?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    And on a side topic (which someone else mentioned). Who the heck stacks piles of dead bodies 10 feet from the food? Were they preserving them in case they got really hungry?

The cooler they used for the dead folks may not be the one they're getting their food from. There are a dozen eateries in the mall.

There wasn't much else to do with them. People like to say "take them to the roof". Yeah. Try climbing two flights of stairs and then a ladder with a 180-pound bag of meat on your back. Then do it a couple hundred more times. Tell me how efficient it was after you get out of traction.

Dying

Undisclosed
    [QUOTE][Then incineration (poor man's cremation) in a dumpster on the roof./QUOTE]

Dumpster....on the roof?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    [Then incineration (poor man's cremation) in a dumpster on the roof.
    Dumpster....on the roof?
    That one could be done, since you aren't going through the mall. Using supplies from the mall, Stephen and Peter could use the helicopter to locate some random dumpster outside, and airlift it onto the roof.

It would be a dangerous operation, though. Almost as deadly as the truck-moving fiasco.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    That one could be done, since you aren't going through the mall. Using supplies from the mall, Stephen and Peter could use the helicopter to locate some random dumpster outside, and airlift it onto the roof.

It would be a dangerous operation, though. Almost as deadly as the truck-moving fiasco.
    True but I don't think ti could have been more poorly planned for than the truck moving operation.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    The cooler they used for the dead folks may not be the one they're getting their food from. There are a dozen eateries in the mall.

There wasn't much else to do with them. People like to say "take them to the roof". Yeah. Try climbing two flights of stairs and then a ladder with a 180-pound bag of meat on your back. Then do it a couple hundred more times. Tell me how efficient it was after you get out of traction.
    I agree that taking the bodies to the roof would have been intensive and back breaking labor. No real need for it. Locking the bodies in a cooler is as good as anything, but my only question is why wouldn't you move the food out of it first? Even with several other places to eat from, you can't just let perfectly good food go to waste. Who knows how long they would have been there?