Thread: War is Hell

United States

War is Hell

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...rikes-pakistan

Pakistan? Wow, and I thought Bush was a butthole for ordering the airstrikes.

I guess the real question here is how the American media will report on this.

Will it be:

a) a constant harping on the number of GIs killed in the conflict with no mention of objectives achieved, or enemy combatants killed -- which is what we've had over the past 8 years?

or

b) a grand and glorious "HURRAH" for the military achievements of the brilliant new Commander in Chief?

You decide.

-stray-

United States
    b, obviously.

The one good thing about having the Dems in charge is, even if we start losing the war on terror, the media will tell us we're winning. The left has blown up too big to fail now.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Wait and see, that's my motto. It's especially convenient to use since I have nothing to do with politics.

United States
    "Obama, in his first military action as president, sanctioned two missile attacks inside Pakistan on Friday, killing 22 people, reportedly women and children among them."

i've got a feeling if mccain had been the one making this call, he'd already be depicted on the cover of time magazine with horns and a pitchfork, and there would be all kinds of calls for impeachment, war crimes, etc.

hopefully they really do ramp up combat operations in afghanistan and perhaps then the bisexual tree-hugging pacifists on the far left will fall out of love with obama, along with the rest of the world. i could probably tolerate the dude more if he wasn't hailed as the "chosen one", "great one", etc. by about 90% of the people on the planet.

and yeah, i'm sure that with the media's golden boy at the helm, the war in afghanistan will begin to show major progress....much like all the progress made in iraq since the surge of troops...which has been, for the most part, totally ignored by the media, since it was bush's idea, and it actually worked.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    "Obama, in his first military action as president, sanctioned two missile attacks inside Pakistan on Friday, killing 22 people, reportedly women and children among them."

i've got a feeling if mccain had been the one making this call, he'd already be depicted on the cover of time magazine with horns and a pitchfork, and there would be all kinds of calls for impeachment, war crimes, etc.
    Too true. But it won't take long before the non-U.S. press starts doing that anyway. Regardless of the actions, the U.S. is the bad guy, always.

Funny how nobody ever - EVER - mentions the governments of these countries where "all these women and children are being massacred" while spreading blame around from the comfort of their couch. For instance, the jackoffs in Pakistan. They were told 7 long years ago to seal their border up, and not let the al-Qaida geeks into their country. They'd be stuck in Afghanistan, and be dealt with.

What happened? The Pakistanis let them in and refuse to turn them out. They are putting the lives of all these "innocent women and children" in danger by doing that. Do they care? Hell, no. The stance is "we'll just sacrifice these people, and cry about it. Keeping the terrorists safe is more important than keeping our average citizens safe". And nobody ever calls them on that.

United States
    Yep, damn those people with they're g-darn sexual preferences and what not. Freaking FREAKS!

United States
    You forgot to mention the squirming, impaled Pakistani infant on the end of McCain's pitchfork.

hopefully they really do ramp up combat operations in afghanistan and perhaps then the bisexual tree-hugging pacifists on the far left will fall out of love with obama, along with the rest of the world.
    They are going to ramp up operations in the region. Ever heard of the liberal hawks? Do a Google on them. They're the ones who voted with President Bush on the war in Iraq, then jumped ship when things went sour. Hillary was one of them, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Yep, damn those people with they're g-darn sexual preferences and what not. Freaking FREAKS!
    Hopefully, this comment was made "tongue in cheek".

-stray-