Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More quality teenage behaviour. Killed over a £4 bottle of wine...

Administrator

England

More quality teenage behaviour. Killed over a £4 bottle of wine...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jesus christ. Kids can get far too out of hand when fighting.

Years back, in high school, a of 17 year old friend of mine was wrongfully tried as an adult and thrown in prison for a fight that happened in my town. A big group of kids, whom he was associated with, jumped one kid and beat him into a coma. It was very big news around here for months (the trials and everything) and even made nation-wide a couple of times. Thankfully, my buddy only ended up doing like 4 months in the clink and stuff got worked out.

The other kids, though... not good. Most of them were younger and weren't tried as adults. I think all but a couple of them got released, however they're most likely still on probation for a while. I do know that at least one of them had to serve time as a juvenile, then was switched over to an adult prison once he turned 18. Not sure how long he'll be in for.

Kazakhstan
    The Clockwork Orange stuff is getting out of hand. People just need to have fewer kids & raise them better
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    The Clockwork Orange stuff is getting out of hand. People just need to have fewer kids & raise them better
    Yeah, the majority of people have better life prospects and are (quite rightly) holding off having kids until their are in their thirties and forties, while the minority (soon to be majority?) of lowlife thugs are the ones having shitloads of kids at 15 because they don't know or care about contraception and they've fucked up their lives and don't have anything else to look forward to.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 27-Jan-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Kazakhstan
    Yeah I don't get it? Why doesn't contraception work for idiots... how hard is it to take a pill every day or get a jab every three months

People say oh muh muhh some girls react to the pill

er

then use a condom...?!

Seriously, I know they're shit, but they're not as shit as being stuck with a kid
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    Yeah I don't get it? Why doesn't contraception work for idiots... how hard is it to take a pill every day or get a jab every three months

People say oh muh muhh some girls react to the pill

er

then use a condom...?!

Seriously, I know they're shit, but they're not as shit as being stuck with a kid
    Not unless you're too lazy to work and you see having a kid as your ticket to getting a house and a decent income, and screw actually bothering to look after or raise the little brat.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Not unless you're too lazy to work and you see having a kid as your ticket to getting a house and a decent income, and screw actually bothering to look after or raise the little brat.
    Exactly.

Plus I've noticed that slaggy people (male and female) who have no qualms whatsoever about drunkenly shagging all and sundry are often oddly shy about going to a doctor and actually saying "I want contraception." It's a strange and typically British double-standard...

Also bear in mind that one of the major ways people decide whether they are "normal" (i.e. safe) is not through logic but through a process of social comparison- so if your mates all say they don't bother with contraception or that having a baby is a great and normal shortcut to the top of the waiting list for a council home etc, you're more inclined to believe it yourself.

If condoms have negative associations in your peer group you're also more likely to risk not using them because the last thing you want when you fish a condom out of your wallet at the crucial moment is for the other person to laugh/ roll their eyes/ decide they aren't that up for it after all.

(Fortunately I spent my formative years in the company of teenage boys who naturally lived in fear of getting a girl pregnant so that attitude rubbed off and I've been on the pill (and, briefly, the injection) more or less constantly since I was 15. So there will be no Alien-like creatures gestating in my torso for 9 whole months before bursting out of genitals and then demanding my time and money. Hurrah!)

They should give out condoms in schools, and all school toilets should have condom machines if you're too embarrassed to go to the office to get free ones. The idea that it's normal to get contraception as part of having sex needs to be implanted at an earlier age.

First person to say "but that would encourage underage kids to sex each other when they wouldn't have otherwise" is a willy-face

EDIT: Sorry for going off on one about teen contraception there... and yes it is appalling that a man was beaten to death in front of his daughter for refusing to be robbed. I can't imagine what his family must be going through.
    Last edited by Chic Freak; 27-Jan-2009 at 03:10 PM.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

capncnut
    Ewww, a £4 bottle of wine from Costcutters? Oh and how were these yobs gonna open it? I take it one of them had a corkscrew handy.

On a serious note though, it's pretty disgusting when a human life is snuffed out over something so minimal like a bottle of wine. I suspect he probably told them where to go when they demanded the bottle and was beaten because of that. In any case, it will be interesting to see what happens to the fifteen-year-old in regards to sentencing.
    Last edited by capncnut; 27-Jan-2009 at 03:41 PM.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Ewww, a £4 bottle of wine from Costcutters? Oh and how were these yobs gonna open it? I take it one of them had a corkscrew handy.

On a serious note though, it's pretty disgusting when a human life is snuffed out over something so minimal like a bottle of wine. I suspect he probably told them where to go when they demanded the bottle and was beaten because of that. In any case, it will be interesting to see what happens to the fifteen-year-old in regards to sentencing.
    Nothing will happen,a friend of a friend was beaten to death by a 16 year old back in august round here ( http://www.bridlingtonfreepress.co.u...aul.4396510.jp ) and apparently initially the judge said the shit who did it would be getting charged with murder,no question,but now the trial has been called off because he has agreed to plead guilty to manslaughter instead,so he'll likely be out before he gets to the age of the lad he killed,sickening

Super Moderator

UK
    Tricky - Manslaughter? You knowingly KILL someone, and that translates to manslaughter ... HOW?

This country is fucking sick, no bones about it - we need some fucking change of our own, thank you very much.

Liam - damn right this Clockwork Orange shit is out of hand ... incidentally I recently re-watched ACO (twice) for the first time in years - a superb film. Although of course, these acts aren't encouraged by ACO - the sort of shits who'd gladly murder someone over a four quid bottle of wine would call ACO "gay" because it was made before 2000 ... but it's a sad thing that ACO was right about the future (now the present).

Actually I'm really bummed out by this now, it's a sick and fucked up Britain out there these days - and what's being done about? Bung up some more CCTV.

Like I've said before many-a-time, I'd rather have a bobby on the beat who can run to my aid and prevent me from being murdered, than simply have a CCTV recording of my murder to be played in a court before my weeping family and the sneering little shits who did the act, only for them to be awarded slack sentences that get reduced afterwards anyway.

Fuck that shit.

And obviously - I hope I never have to be in such a situation, and I hope nobody here ever has to be either, and I'd dearly hope that nobody full stop would ever have to suffer such an ordeal.

England
    As it turns out the trials finished today,the murdering scumbag will be out before the end of this year,how the hell can they call that justice?????
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/7854523.stm

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    As it turns out the trials finished today,the murdering scumbag will be out before the end of this year,how the hell can they call that justice?????
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/7854523.stm
    Hrm...I wish that article had allowed comments!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    It just goes to show that Punishment and Justice are corrupt ideas in present day Britain - and it's disgusting - it's literally costing lives, destroying lives, and letting pieces of shit quite literally get away with murder.

Absolutely sick.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You knowingly KILL someone, and that translates to manslaughter ... HOW?
    I believe that manslaughter is defined along the lines of intent to cause harm, but being unable to prove that the person intended to actually kill their victim- e.g. if someone killed another person in a street fight it would be hard to prove whether he actually intended to kill him, or "just" beat him up.

Being out of prison in under a year for manslaughter or even GBH beggars belief. And I am very sorry to hear about your loss, Tricky.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    This will continue to happen as long as people stand by and allow it.

This man was beaten to death in a public street, near his home, in a neighborhood. In fact, neighbors who were interviewed give the impression that this is a high-crime area, so they must see this sort of thing a lot.

And yet, nobody stands up against this shit. They just live in the neighborhood, and let a bunch of punks rule their lives. A "no-go" area? These people let thugs scare them into hiding in their homes! What is wrong with people? You can't just let a man get beat to death on your front lawn. Grow some balls.