Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines - Left 4 Dead, but with Aliens :)

Administrator

England

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Left 4 Dead, but with Aliens :)

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/aliens-...04114826124039

We've not had a post about this for ages now... It's due out in a few months, and given L4Ds recent success, it's looking all the more interesting!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm really looking forward to this game. So you play as marines on the prison planet and the ship from the original too? Awesome.

I never did see a release date mentioned....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this game. So you play as marines on the prison planet and the ship from the original too? Awesome.

I never did see a release date mentioned....
    I've not read anything about a Versus mode (like in L4D)... Cos that is a damn good feature!

capncnut
    I presume that LV-426 will be a part of the game too seeing as though some of the action will be set inside the original spacecraft?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I presume that LV-426 will be a part of the game too seeing as though some of the action will be set inside the original spacecraft?
    I guess it would have to. When LV-426 was blown away, the ship would have been destroyed too. So it makes no sense for the ship to exist and not the planet. Unless the ship took off before the planet was nuked. dum dum dummmm.....

I seem to remember this company saying they couldn't get Weaver on board. If it takes place after alien 3, how could she be involved anyway? And Resurrection doesn't count....
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Jan-2009 at 03:16 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I guess it would have to. When LV-426 was blown away, the ship would have been destroyed too. So it makes no sense for the ship to exist and not the planet. Unless the ship took off before the planet was nuked. dum dum dummmm...
    Just found this brief tidbit on Wiki about the Aliens Vs Predator game from 1999.

In the game's story the derelict ship has survived the explosion that occurred in Aliens, and the Weyland-Yutani corporation has established a new colony, atmosphere processor, and research facility on the planetoid dedicated to studying the derelict ship and its contents.
    <scratches head>

Super Moderator

UK
    Well the bomb goes off - but it's "nuke the site from orbit" ... not nuke the planet - and the Aliens are generally only spread out in a relatively small area, correct? So therefore you'd think you'd be able to kill them...anyway...it was interesting on the Aliens SE 2-disc DVD when they said how they did that effect, essentially a model with a plastic thing with a light in it that pushes up ... nifty.

Anyway - this game looks kick ass - it'll be interesting to see how the BiA style combat works in sure-to-be-claustrophobic settings though ... that's something that confuses me a tad ... hmmm.

Although the idea of going through the Sulacco, LV-426 and Fury 161 is sheer awesome, with a side of win.

I hope this game lives up to its potential, because some Aliens-style awesomeness rendered in "next" (current) gen graphics would look bang tidy, so it would.

So will this be a proper single player game with story, but also a Co-Op/Multiplayer online mode? L4D has piss-all story and isn't engineered towards single player, correct? Aliens:CM is like a fully fleshed out title - right?

Was going to comment on this thread hours ago, but I had to drop a 2lb load, and got distracted by SModcast.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 27-Jan-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well the bomb goes off - but it's "nuke the site from orbit" ... not nuke the planet - and the Aliens are generally only spread out in a relatively small area, correct? So therefore you'd think you'd be able to kill them....

The ship couldn't of been that far from the colony. If it was close enough for Newt's family to travel out to, then it had to have been close enough for the explosion to get it. How big does Bishop say the explosion is? The size of Texas or something like that?

United States
    I shat my pants when the original Aliens:Colonial Marines was annouced when I was in middle school, and I shat myself again when this was annouced last year. Can't wait.

United States
    This looks absolutely kick butt and I cannot wait for it to come out!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    3p - I hope you changed ya troozaz both times.

Bassman - indeed sir, that does make sense ... so I guess really, the videogame is not going to fall specifically within the canon - although the article bangs on about the game "affecting the canon" - well it can't, because they're not the same medium.

It's like that T2:3D themepark ride - that's not proper Terminator canon.

Regardless though - bring it the fuck on! (in a Rake Yohn voice )

England
    Oh man,im no gun nut but i love the sound of those pulse rifles game should be sweet!i remember been blown away by alien vs predator on the jaguar (which i still own)

Canada
    I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

United States
    Knock it off Hudson.

England
    How it looked in the old days..

i remember i was about 14 when it came out & i was so excited to own it a little bit of wee came out!