View Poll Results: What was Peter reading, and why?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • A book about butterflies, he missed the outdoors

0 0%
  • A book about chess problems, to engage his brain

1 12.50%
  • Lolita - to ease his sexual frustration

4 50.00%
  • Lolita - because he is a pervert

1 12.50%
  • Lolita - he enjoys great works of literature

2 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter's Choice of Reading Material

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    He flipped the scene in the movie to make the rooms work out....

or...

He was trying to establish that this world - this alternate universe - is really a different one from the real one - and a different one from Night where everything is NOT flipped.

But Trin, the football schedules are NOT flipped!!!! Do you think those are supposed to be football schedules from the NIGHT universe? Maybe the wall of the security room is in fact an interdimensional gateway!!

United States
    He flipped the scene in the movie to make the rooms work out....

or...

He was trying to establish that this world - this alternate universe - is really a different one from the real one - and a different one from Night where everything is NOT flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    But Trin, the football schedules are NOT flipped!!!! Do you think those are supposed to be football schedules from the NIGHT universe? Maybe the wall of the security room is in fact an interdimensional gateway!!
    To settle the "flipped" issues, Romero did not "flip" the book at all. The screen cap that I took is what is flipped. The book is laying upsidedown in the movie, I took the screen cap and flipped it, and that is why it is flipped. If you were to watch the scene in the movie (dont blink, hit pause quickly!) you will see it is not flipped.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No Philly's right it's the back of the book. For whatever reason Romero flipped the negative for the scenes in the bedroom, so left became right (probably to help him place a room, that wasn't really in the same location, into the survivor's hideout - i.e. have them enter/exit from a door corresponding to where we saw them go... if that makes any sense), and the book is flipped too.
    Oh, I did not know that! Cool, thanks for the info!

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Oh, I did not know that! Cool, thanks for the info!
    Actually, sorry, I'm wrong. Philly corrected me, he reversed the image himself to make the face easier to recognise.

I assumed the original frame was flipped because it's a technique that I've noticed quite a lot in films. In Evil Dead 2 for example, when Ash is sneaking through the basement before meeting demon Henrietta, Raimi flipped the negative so he would be walking in the right direction relative to the preceeding shot. The result is it looks like his stump/chainsaw has switched arms.

United States
    Maybe the apartment upstairs with the book scene and the security station with the football schedule scene were not supposed to be set in the same universe. We're just assuming that because they are both in a movie about zombies and both in a mall. Er... and both in the same movie. Ever consider that?

Scotland
    Maybe the apartment upstairs with the book scene and the security station with the football schedule scene were not supposed to be set in the same universe. We're just assuming that because they are both in a movie about zombies and both in a mall. Er... and both in the same movie. Ever consider that?
    So the people in the upstairs of the mall, and the people seen fighting zombies in the mall itself are actually two identical but totally unconnected groups existing in different universes whose lives happen to draw startling parallels with each other!? WOW! I knew Romero was a genius, but this is a step beyond, man! And for it to go unnoticed for 30-odd years, that's just great filmmaking!

United States
    So the people in the upstairs of the mall, and the people seen fighting zombies in the mall itself are actually two identical but totally unconnected groups existing in different universes whose lives happen to draw startling parallels with each other!? WOW! I knew Romero was a genius, but this is a step beyond, man! And for it to go unnoticed for 30-odd years, that's just great filmmaking!
    LOL!!