Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: NOLD 90 Movie Mistake

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I said AT LEAST bits and pieces. Clean ya glasses, ya bunch of yo-yo's!
    And I said that most people hadn't seen it, so what kind of a response was that?

Actually, I dare say that amongst the classical three, NOTLD is the least watched of them even amongst us fans on this here site! Though out "there" (amongst normal people) I think Day would be the least seen one.

I showed a friend of mine Day of the Dead the other day, and keep in mind this is a friend I've been gradually introducing to zombies for a couple of months now, and the response was that this was the best zombiefilm she'd seen yet! Infact, she really, really liked it.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 08-Jul-2009 at 06:59 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I showed a friend of mine Day of the Dead the other day, and keep in mind this is a friend I've been gradually introducing to zombies for a couple of months now, and the response was that this was the best zombiefilm she'd seen yet! Infact, she really, really liked it.
    Yeah...Day has that universal appeal that Dawn and Night lack. Day is always the one I show first to newcomers and they've always liked it. Bub made my wife cry....I still get a kick out of that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah...Day has that universal appeal that Dawn and Night lack. Day is always the one I show first to newcomers and they've always liked it. Bub made my wife cry....I still get a kick out of that.
    Yeah, my friend didn't cry, but you could tell she certainly felt sorry for him and was happy when he shot Rhodes. I found that amusing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, my friend didn't cry, but you could tell she certainly felt sorry for him and was happy when he shot Rhodes. I found that amusing.

It's always interesting to see the female vs. male reactions to things like that. I'm sure both genders wanted rhodes dead but the reasons are different.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's always interesting to see the female vs. male reactions to things like that. I'm sure both genders wanted rhodes dead but the reasons are different.

Yeah, most people want Rhodes dead(and you know from the start that he'll die because he's such an ass), but I think Bub getting his revenge is the real power at the end of the film. I have yet to meet one person that didn't like Bub and root for him.

I know alot of people don't like Day, but they at least have to give Romero and Howard(or is his last name Sherman? I can never remember)credit for successfully making the "bad guy" into the hero of the film....
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Jul-2009 at 04:39 PM.

United States
    Of the originals, Day is the obvious choice to put a female friend in the mood for boinking.

I know alot of people don't like Day
    I support euthanasia for those people. No one should live in that kind of suffering.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I support euthanasia for those people. No one should live in that kind of suffering.

You know I've heard that over and over again but what they didn't like about it is almost never discussed. Is the best they can come up with is that it's not like night or dawn?

Pretty flimsy arguemnet if you ask me.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is the best they can come up with is that it's not like night or dawn?

That's what I think the problem is. Just like Romero says in the documentary....people wanted another Dawn. I think this problem still happens today. That's not to say that his new films don't have flaws, but I think some people just want him to make Dawn or Night over and over again...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's what I think the problem is. Just like Romero says in the documentary....people wanted another Dawn. I think this problem still happens today. That's not to say that his new films don't have flaws, but I think some people just want him to make Dawn or Night over and over again...

Well we see how well making NOTLD over again turned out (diary).

You know what we need? For GAr himself to take the helm on the world war Z film. I'm sure he could do a far better job than virtually anyone else out there plus it would give him the chance to cover new ground. Before he kicks it I would love to see his vision of the zombie apocalypse on an epic scale such as that. And perhaps his vision of humanity as it tries to pull itself together afterwards.

Because truthfully the beginning to mid zombie outbreak scenarios have been done to death. And invariably half the film is spent until the tools in it realize that you have to shoot them in the head in order to kill them and that little timmy really isn't little timmy anymore but a creature running soley on the instinct to feed. Honestly, how much more of that do we need?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Romero's Resident Evil. THAT'S what I want to see.

I still can't believe they went with Paul "I'm such a hack, how is it that I f*ck Mila Jovovich?" Anderson's bullshit film instead of Romero's.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Romero's Resident Evil. THAT'S what I want to see.

I still can't believe they went with Paul "I'm such a hack, how is it that I f*ck Mila Jovovich?" Anderson's bullshit film instead of Romero's.

It's guess it's all about who you're fucking nowdays. Perhaps he's the one who got milla on board and without him there was no her.

Side note: The streets are filled with gorgeous women with these man apes on their arms that make you go hmmmmmmmm...........

United States
    You know what we need? For GAr himself to take the helm on the world war Z film.
    i don't know man...there's waay too much potential for romero to start face-fucking the audience with all his social commentary and political beliefs...while i think they work well in his films (okay, not the new ones), WWZ should just be a kick-ass epic about zombies wiping out half the world...

EDIT: and this thead has gone pretty far from its intended topic lately....just sayin....maybe a mod could change the title and we could go back to talking about night '90.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 10-Jul-2009 at 03:28 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    WWZ should just be a kick-ass epic about zombies wiping out half the world...
    On some level this is one of my greatest fears: WWZ turning out to be a simple effects and action film which will attract tweens and idiot frat boy types for a few weekends and then be largely forgotten like most of those effects/action flicks.

In this vein, I was going to mention something about "I AM LEGEND" the Will Smith vehicle, but then I guess it would not apply since it fell far short of kicking ass.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 10-Jul-2009 at 01:18 AM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    i don't know man...there's waay too much potential for romero to start face-fucking the audience with all his social commentary and political beliefs...while i think they work well in his films (okay, not the new ones), WWZ should just be a kick-ass epic about zombies wiping out half the world...
    I agree with this. It's not a good fit. My face is still sore from Diary.

I hate to say this, but WWZ would likely benefit by having someone new and fresh take up the zombie movie cause. The genre needs a future after GAR and it's not with anyone currently dipping their toes in it.

That's not to say I think GAR is done by any measure. But he's got his own agenda and should pursue that instead of other people's ideas. At this point in his career he doesn't need someone else's ideas. He's better at his own work.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

EDIT: and this thead has gone pretty far from its intended topic lately....just sayin....maybe a mod could change the title and we could go back to talking about night '90.

Point taken. And it is a valid one. It's just that how many crappy zombie flicks do we have to see before we come to the conclusion that barley a handful of directors can competantly pull off a zombie film.

All that's coming to mind right now is GAr and fulci. But it's not like I'm awake yet. Any other suggestions?