Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NOLD 90 Movie Mistake

Zombie Capital of the World Pittsburgh, PA!
    Undisclosed

NOLD 90 Movie Mistake

NOLD 90 is by far my favorite/most watched movie of all time. So i am not posting this movie mistake to trash the film, simply an observation due to my watching of this movie HUNDREDS of times. Ok-Opening cemetery scene, and including all of day 1 daylight scenes-deciduous trees are free of leaves. (especially the large silver maple next to the house) Once night comes, all of the trees grew their leaves! The back yard scenes, the large silver maple next to the house, and all of the trees of day 2. Just something to look for next time you watch. Also, night scenes show breath of the cast as though it were cold, yet the movie is taking place on 23 august 1989. Unlikely to happen at the peak western pa. summer. Although, Patty Tallman DOES proove to us that it was a bit tit nipply in her night scene!!

United States
    the night remake is awesome, imo. i recall being pretty bummed that i was too young to get into the theaters to see it, but luckily my mom is kick-ass and let me rent it like a million times. not quite as good as the original, but a great film that does it proper justice.

there are a few other bloopers that can be found by accessing the main page of this site and following the appropriate links. never noticed the leaves on the trees, but the whole being able to see your breath in august always bothered me a bit.

they really should release a 20th anniversary dvd next year.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    Just give us a bare bones Blu-ray and stick a fork in it

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rege View Post
    NOLD 90 is by far my favorite/most watched movie of all time. So i am not posting this movie mistake to trash the film, simply an observation due to my watching of this movie HUNDREDS of times. Ok-Opening cemetery scene, and including all of day 1 daylight scenes-deciduous trees are free of leaves. (especially the large silver maple next to the house) Once night comes, all of the trees grew their leaves! The back yard scenes, the large silver maple next to the house, and all of the trees of day 2. Just something to look for next time you watch. Also, night scenes show breath of the cast as though it were cold, yet the movie is taking place on 23 august 1989. Unlikely to happen at the peak western pa. summer. Although, Patty Tallman DOES proove to us that it was a bit tit nipply in her night scene!!
    don't forget when ben was pushing the zombie out the back door and you could see the film crew in the window.

Administrator

England
    Me's like it

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    You could see their breath because they were so scared! Um... and... it was an undead... film crew.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    the night remake is awesome, imo. i recall being pretty bummed that i was too young to get into the theaters to see it, but luckily my mom is kick-ass and let me rent it like a million times. not quite as good as the original, but a great film that does it proper justice.

there are a few other bloopers that can be found by accessing the main page of this site and following the appropriate links. never noticed the leaves on the trees, but the whole being able to see your breath in august always bothered me a bit.

I really wish they would release it and the original on blu ray. All the other films are so what's the deal with this one?

And the hell with a bare bones edition. The remake never gets any love. Every other film in the series has different versions/editions/extras. All we have is the same old copy from damn near 20 years ago.

It should definitely include savini's version of the film as well. I doubt there would be any problems releasing it today since film makers can get away with waaaaaaay more.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It should definitely include savini's version of the film as well. I doubt there would be any problems releasing it today since film makers can get away with waaaaaaay more.

Yeh... A directors cut might get some interest... Assuming it was actually OK?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Even if it was not as good as what we saw in theaters it would still be interesting to see what his vision actually was.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Would there be a directors cut though? I seem to remember Savini saying that he pretty much fails to acknowledge the film as his own now. Pissed off at the studio or something.

And is there that much extra footage aside from the head explosions and extended kills?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Would there be a directors cut though? I seem to remember Savini saying that he pretty much fails to acknowledge the film as his own now. Pissed off at the studio or something.

And is there that much extra footage aside from the head explosions and extended kills?

I'm not sure. But even the deletion of content such as that would detract from savini's vision. Perhaps it was a much darker/hellish version and taking certain scenes out that feeling was totally lost.

IMO, if you're going to ask someone to direct your film you can't put constraints on them. It only serves to stifle their creativity. Then no one is happy because the director didn't get to do what he wanted and you would think he didn't put his all into it. That being the case the end product is likely to be an inferior one.

United States
    I think that the biggest mistake in Night 90 was not having Barbara take a shower after falling in the woods, having blood all over her, etc. Gratuitous tit shots have long been a staple of horror movies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I think that the biggest mistake in Night 90 was not having Barbara take a shower after falling in the woods, having blood all over her, etc. Gratuitous tit shots have long been a staple of horror movies.
    Well i guess through all the chaos one of the last things on her mInd was taking a shower. Things like , i don't know, SURVIVAL, tend to take precedence over stuff like hygene.

Maybe it's just me.

What's funny is that the nerdy dude from diary had that exact same shower jones.

Coincidence, I THINK NOT!!

Last edited by darth los; 05-Feb-2009 at 07:54 PM.

United States
    Isn't Night 90 the one with commando Barbra? I didn't like that at all. The original Barbra was so realistic in how she acted and reacted to the problem. Making Barbra large and in charge just sucked the life out of the movie for me.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I remember watching the movie with director's commentary and Savini claimed that there was less than a minute of footage cut from the final film, in comparison with the version he originally submitted. Basically, apart from the one head explosion that was cut, almost every headshot was trimmed by a second or two - either from the start or end of the shot - to remove close ups of erupting exit wounds, and this accounts for like 90% of the cut footage. There are no missing gut-munching scenes and no character development was removed.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 06-Feb-2009 at 04:13 PM.