View Poll Results: Are the Steelers the best team of the Super Bowl Era?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 50.00%
  • No

7 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh wins its record 6th SuperBowl

United States

Pittsburgh wins its record 6th SuperBowl

What an amazing game! My main goal was to see a good game (which I definitely got! Perhaps the best ever!), but I must admit I was rooting for Kurt Warner. But now the franchise has won 6 Super Bowls, alone with the most after being tied with San Fran and Dallas with 5. All things considered, do you feel that the Steelers are the best team of the Super Bowl Era?

EDIT: After seeing some of the responses, I realize that I did not ask the question very well. What I meant to say was that if you think the STEELERS FRANCHISE as a whole in the best franchise of the Super Bowl Era. I was not trying to ask if the 2009 Super Bowl winning team is the best individual team ever.
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 02-Feb-2009 at 05:22 PM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No, because their wins were not consistent. TO me, what makes a great football, or superbowl team is to consistently perform within a given timespan, like for example, the 49ers of the 80's and 90's.

it could be argued that the Dallas Cowboys are the ebst Superbowl team, but since I can't stand those fucking posers I wouldn't even acknowledge it if it were true.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 02-Feb-2009 at 11:32 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    The Steelers almost lost it. I am related to the head coach of the losing team. So, I was rooting for the opposing team.

Super Moderator

United States
    That was an incredible game, but to even insinuate for a moment that the Steelers are the best team in Superbowl history would be a cardinal sin of epic proportion. One might as well commit suicide whilst pregnant and eating meat on a Friday.

Now, I suppose someone could start to argue that the Steelers are the best franchise in Superbowl history, which seems like splitting hairs, but it wouldn't be.

*Begins timing how long it takes for a Brit to come in and remind us all it's not real football, as it consists of neither a foot, a ball nor the requisite hate crime.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I wanted the underdog Cardinals to win...giving me hope that even my Vikings could finally win the big one.

ViP

United States
    Franchise and Team goes to The Steelers

Why? You could make an argument that Joe Montana's 49ers would be the best Team, but Bradshaw and the boys won four themselves, and against arguably stiffer competition (Landry's Cowboys, Madden's Raiders and even Shula's Dolphins, all dynasties in their own right). The 49ers played the Bengals twice, a hot Dolphins team and the Broncos. Franchise? Duh... They've got six.

United States
    Okay first of all

Pennsylvania kicked our our asses in the baseball of super bowls.

They beat someones ass on our land.

Florida has been bowing to PA lately.

I was rooting for PA though. But I also wanted to have Arizona win becausw theyve never been there before

United States
    Great game.

I wanted to see the forward pass at the end though to get a hail mary to Larry.
    CLICK >>>>>>>>>>>>> for CINEOBSCURE and CINEOBSCURE FORUMS!

United States
    I FUCKED UP on the question!!

I edited my intial post. I meant the franchise as a whole during the Super Bowl Era, not this particular Steelers team.

Dying

Undisclosed
    And then there was one...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Great game.

I wanted to see the forward pass at the end though to get a hail mary to Larry.
    Agreed. I can't believe it wasn't reviewed. If it was, it was the quickest in the history of the NFL. I looked down to eat my chicken wings and looked up and there was confetti everywhere!

United States
    what a game, indeed. and yes, the steelers is, imo, the best franchise ever.

Zombie Capital of the World Pittsburgh, PA!
    Undisclosed
    Without a doubt the best overall franchise EVER! And i dont even have to waste my time telling anybody why!!

Undisclosed
    Packers... The first two Super Bowls were dominated by them. Not to mention almost a decade of championships before that. Then they should've won 2 or 3 more in the 90's with Favre.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    Packers... The first two Super Bowls were dominated by them. Not to mention almost a decade of championships before that. Then they should've won 2 or 3 more in the 90's with Favre.
    Any championships won by the Packers before the first Super Bowl would not be included as part of the "Super Bowl Era". Neither would that idea that teams "should have won" when they didnt.