Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saddest Scene

United States

Saddest Scene

What in y'all's opinions is the saddest scene in any of GAR's movies? which scene makes you cry, or sad?

this might be weird, but I nearly tear up every time at the scene when Bub walks in to see Logan's dead body on the floor. that, in my opinion, is the saddest scene in any of his movies.

Another sad-ish scene is when Roger and Peter and Stepehen kill all the zombies in the mall and they look over the balcony at all the dead zombies, then they look over at Roger. idk, with the music and seeing Roger on his knees and them looking at him, it was just kinda sad to me. kinda foreshadowing.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Bub/Logan, certainly. Followed marginally by the scene of a lonely Peter drinking a bottle of champagne by Roger's grave site.

United States
    Well, there are a lot of sad scenes in GAR movies.

It was sad when Martin gets killed (even though he himself was a killer).

I was personally very sad when the scene of a topless Patricia Tallman ends in Knightriders

The numbed shock on Peter and Fran's faces when Flyboy zombie gets his brains splattered all over the hideout wall was sad.

Numerous scenes involving Roger's death were sad, certainly including the 2 already mentioned.

The "blood pressure biker" never getting to see his results was sad

The Bub seeing Logan scene was sad, however, seeing as he is a flesh eating zombie, that kind of makes it less sad for me. Somehow I think that even though Bub never attacked Logan when he was chained up, I bet he would have attacked Logan is Logan left him unchained. As much of Logan seemed to .... "like" Bub, he was never stupid enough to give it a try.

Ben getting shot after surviving the Night was sad.

I am not sure if it is the saddest, but I think the most poignant scene is when Roger and Peter are going downstairs with Roger in the wheelbarrow, and Peter says "Look here man,...I ..uh" and Roger says "I know, shut up will ya?" This short scene with very simple dialogue says so much about the men and the situation. They were expressing their love for each other (in a non-gay way, for the smart-asses!), but as tough SWAT guys, they were not "supposed" to express these types of inner feelings. That is why Peter doesnt know exactly how to say it, and Roger tells him to shut up, because he knows what Peter is trying to say, and feels the same way, and doesnt want his friend to have to break the "tough guy code" by expressing his feelings.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    "when you're done with the roll, we'll drop it off at the drug store."

i think that is the one of the sadder moments in any of the films.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Tom and Judy's death in Night, Peter in the basement in Dawn, Miguel slapping Sarah in Day, etc.

United States
    Actually for me it's when he kills the monkey in Monkey Shines. . .sad sad that. How she comes up to him all sweet and trusting and the he bites the shit out of her and shakes her. Granted. . that monkey was evil and all. . but still. . . .I guess I just have a soft spot in my heart for monkeys.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    "when you're done with the roll, we'll drop it off at the drug store."

i think that is the one of the sadder moments in any of the films.
    I didnt find that line particularly sad. It was more mean spirited. And I bet at least a few people here never saw that line. I felt sad for Flyboy though, as he was trying to be fun/playful, and Fran just totally shot his ass down with that comment.

Administrator

England
    Pretty much the whole of land, just knowing that film exists makes me cry.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I felt sad for Flyboy though, as he was trying to be fun/playful, and Fran just totally shot his ass down with that comment.
    that's why i think it sad - flyboys reaction. it seems like that scene (the entire scene not just that line) was showing how fran and steven were drifting part.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Ben's death in Night, and... the slapping in Day. Other than that...

United States
    Knightriders, when the crown gets handed over the that punk savini! Always made me feel really sad!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Well, there are a lot of sad scenes in GAR movies.

It was sad when Martin gets killed (even though he himself was a killer).

I was personally very sad when the scene of a topless Patricia Tallman ends in Knightriders

The numbed shock on Peter and Fran's faces when Flyboy zombie gets his brains splattered all over the hideout wall was sad.

Numerous scenes involving Roger's death were sad, certainly including the 2 already mentioned.

The "blood pressure biker" never getting to see his results was sad

The Bub seeing Logan scene was sad, however, seeing as he is a flesh eating zombie, that kind of makes it less sad for me. Somehow I think that even though Bub never attacked Logan when he was chained up, I bet he would have attacked Logan is Logan left him unchained. As much of Logan seemed to .... "like" Bub, he was never stupid enough to give it a try.

Ben getting shot after surviving the Night was sad.

I am not sure if it is the saddest, but I think the most poignant scene is when Roger and Peter are going downstairs with Roger in the wheelbarrow, and Peter says "Look here man,...I ..uh" and Roger says "I know, shut up will ya?" This short scene with very simple dialogue says so much about the men and the situation. They were expressing their love for each other (in a non-gay way, for the smart-asses!), but as tough SWAT guys, they were not "supposed" to express these types of inner feelings. That is why Peter doesnt know exactly how to say it, and Roger tells him to shut up, because he knows what Peter is trying to say, and feels the same way, and doesnt want his friend to have to break the "tough guy code" by expressing his feelings.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that one. That's one of the more "poignant" scenes for me. At least for its length.

United States
    Sad, eh?

hmmmmmm...

I think Charlies dog-like devotion to Riley was something sad. I kept thinking that semi-retarded Charlie was going to die at some point and I would feel sorry for him. Like if a dog died trying to defend it's human friend from zombies. That would be sad.

Otherwise, I can't think of any particular scene. I guess I associate it all with being shocked and/or numb more than anything else.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    definitely bens death in night. it was just a bold ,in your face full stop on the narrative that said a lot on what romero thought about the human condition at the time i think, plus if you didnt know it was coming it really hit you like a brick wall.

United States
    Ben in Night was sad, very sad. For me it was tragic, and of course ironic.

I also think that Helen being killed by her own daughter was very sad, while I was not a fan of the use of the spade it was a terrible way for a mother to go. Killed and eaten by your own daughter. Also she did not fight back, she did not really resist other than some minor back peddling. She just pleads with her daughter, afraid of what she is but too paralyzed by indecision to save herself.

If find that sad.