Thread: John Harrison is making the score!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

John Harrison is making the score!

Hope the music will make links with day of the dead!!

http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/eclusive-dead-updates

While speaking with George Romero today about the "Tales from the Darkside" DVD release, I got a quick update on what's been happening with the still not officially titled ...of the Dead.

According to Romero, as long as no re-shoots are needed, the film should be done in March or April. Also, his long-time collaborator John Harrison has signed on to do the score.

Fans of the Dead should be familiar with John as he also composed the music for Day of the Dead along with Creepshow, several episodes of "Tales", and Tales from the Darkside: The Movie, which he also directed.

Things are definitely on track for a release later this year of ... of the Dead. Keep it here for more as it comes

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    That's fantastic news!!

It's good to have an old-school Romero regular on board and Creepshow is one of my favourite movie soundtracks.

Super Moderator

UK
    Harrison's Day of the Dead score was (and still is) fucking fantastic, it's the best GAR zed flick score out there, and the Dawn score was awesome too, so the Day score was really awesome.

I was writing a zombie script recently, and when I was starting off on it, getting my head into that space, I was listening to the Day of the Dead soundtrack over and over - superb stuff.

United States
    Okay, now that's just good news. The soundtrack in Day is, imho, the best of any Dead movie, and maybe the best of any movie period.

United States
    This is cool, I also agree that JH score from Day is totally fantastic. Funny how well I can "see" the movie in my mind when just listening to the score. However, I am puzzled about the "Tales from the Darkside DVD release"... wasnt this released a long time ago? I have it on DVD. Unless you are referring to the TV series, which I do not have.

United States
    Heh, I always listen to "The Dead Suite" from the Day soundtrack when I fly on a plane. It's just so great and eerie when that high up.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    This is cool, I also agree that JH score from Day is totally fantastic. Funny how well I can "see" the movie in my mind when just listening to the score. However, I am puzzled about the "Tales from the Darkside DVD release"... wasnt this released a long time ago? I have it on DVD. Unless you are referring to the TV series, which I do not have.
    According to Amazon, season 1 of the TV series is being released on DVD next Tuesday, February 10th.

Christmas Island
    All right! Along with Carpenter, Harrison's another synth composer I'd be eager to hear from again.

Undisclosed
    This is most excellent news! Hooray!
    "Totally Togepi!"

United States
    I <3 Creepshow! So much that I even named my toon in WoW after the GAR/KING masterpiece.

And Day's soundtrack is the shit.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."