Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Korean Woman fails drivers test 771 times, going for 772 thursday

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I think after you fail the test 3 times, you should have to wait like 18 months until you're able to re-take it. If someone fails numerous times, they're bound to have an off day where they actually pass the test. Does this mean they are capable of being safe and should be legally able to drive? No.
    I disagree, it's all practice! I passed on my 6th test and am a much more careful driver than many people I know who passed first time.

In my (slight) defence- is it true that the practical test in America takes place in a car park (parking lot) and not on actual roads?
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I
    In my (slight) defence- is it true that the practical test in America takes place in a car park (parking lot) and not on actual roads?
    Unless it's changed, I had to take both the written and driving test when I got my license at 16. The driving test was not in a parking lot but in the city.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I thought this was correct, but then I am basing this entirely on an episode of The Simpsons.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My test was written, parking lot, and road. The parking lot was for parallel parking/coming to a fast stop/avoiding objects/etc, but then we went once around the town...

United Kingdom
    Ah okay, i really have no excuse then I did reversing into a bay in a car park, but everything else (including the other maneuvers and the emergency stop) on public roads.
    La freak, c'est chic!

Super Moderator

UK
    Blimey, six goes eh?

Well - like you said, the good thing is you're a SAFE driver.

I admit, I've had a couple of times where my driving hasn't been stellar, but I've learned from that youthful exuberance (and been lucky too), so I'd consider myself a very safe driver - no phone calls or texting or whatever while driving, no speeding, I pay attention as much as humanly possible and so on.

I'm confident in my car control, but far from reckless, and most definitely completely legal.

There are some shocking drivers out there - and I often forget wher the horn is when someone cuts me up or blunders out in front of my when I'm coming round a round-about ... like the other day, some old dope in a Rover 75 just cruised up to the round about and then kept going - NOT LOOKING TO THEIR RIGHT TO SEE IF ANYONE WAS COMING ... I was coming, and had to slap the breaks on, and then managed to finally honk someone out - huzah!

As for British roads - yes, our roads are minute compared to the huge expanses of black top you chaps have over in America - your pavements (sidewalks) are the size of one lane of a road on average, perhaps even the size of the average rural back road too.

Our motorways ain't shit compared to youze guys' freeways either ... plus three lanes was a stupid decision when they were built. Four at least, come on...we're stuff at the moment with motorways that don't have enough lanes.

The only roads I wouldn't drive on are:

Anything in or around London - aside from the fact I hate London, their roads are just retarded. Just being a passenger is stressful enough, I was somewhat shocked by the chaos the last time I was there (hating every minute of it practically, lol).

Any major cities in general, actually ... I'm not a fan of that kinda thing ... I've also not had much call to traverse large distances on proper motorways either - I'm confident in driving on them, just not navigating them. All this business about junctions and turn offs and connections hither and thither just confuses me (I'm not very good with directions either - I usually drive by landmarks, not road names or numbers).

I'm completely confident driving on motorways, just not navigating them so much...but then again, I'm rubbish in general at navigating, so that's a problem I guess, hehe.

Don't American freeways only have 55mph speed limits or some bollocks? If so - christ - our country back roads (the twisty, thin, windy ones that krakenslayer canny be doing with) are 60mph zones (good fun at the right times/in the right conditions/when you know them well enough).

One day I would quite like to do a classic American drive though - like that Route 66 idea, that'd be enjoyable, and it'd be quite a change.

Back to learning to drive - 771 fails?! GEEZ!!! How much wasted dosh on that?!

I passed 2nd time ... the first time I was fucked over by the system (seriously, they can only pass 2 out of 5 of their day's learners ... how bullshit is that?!)

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I passed 2nd time ... the first time I was fucked over by the system (seriously, they can only pass 2 out of 5 of their day's learners ... how bullshit is that?!)
    It's total bullshit MZ... an urban myth I'm afraid Most people don't pass first time, anyway (in the UK).

I'm a reasonably confident driver, but I hate city driving. I'm perfectly happy speeding around 6' wide country lanes that are just one big blind bend though, oops. It's where I learned to drive so maybe I'm a little too comfortable with it.

My favourite thing is getting on a motorway and flooring it for hours until you're somewhere completely new though

Oh, and on my fourth test, my car mysteriously caught fire and blew up (literally... I watched a massive fireball blow the bonnet off and felt the *boom* through the soles of my shoes). I had actually been doing quite well up to that point in the test though, according to my (rattled) examiner!
    La freak, c'est chic!

United States
    I remember how horrid the roads are in London. I took a trip there when I was 19 and when we got on the shuttle from Gatwick to our hotel I was in fear for my life. Our driver was a middle aged tough named Trevor (that's how scared I was. .I still remember the lug's name.) And he spent the entire time careening around these tiny little roads all the while just chatting away to my friends and I. Telling us how he lost his teeth in a rugby match and spouting on about how poofy American football is. There was one point where the dude was going like 55 mph (had to be) and we were approaching this weird part of the road leading either onto or off of a highway where each lane was divided by a short concrete pole. These were tiny little lanes. . and our shuttle barely seemed to fit in the lane period. . .there was no way we were going to make it through those dividers. Trevor turned around and grinned his demonic toothless grin sayng something like "Do you think we are going to make it boys?" He slowed down not a bit as we barely slid through the poles. The mirrors on both sides of the van actually passed OVER the poles. *shudder*

Anyways. . I made it in one piece, and I'm sure Trevor has a great story of "this bunch of Yanks he had in his lorry today."
    Last edited by clanglee; 10-Feb-2009 at 08:23 AM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    A lorry is a truck, a bus is a bus.

Chic -
    an urban myth I'm afraid
    Scarily I've heard otherwise from my driving instructor - perhaps not a legal requirement, but a target more like. Obviously you can't not pass someone who's rocking the shit out of their test, but I too thought it was bullshit, then asked on the sly and they responded in the positive on the sly back.

So as far as I'm concerned anyway, the system's shonky and preys on the fear of first timers (my mock test the week before my real first test saw me pass with a damn-near perfect score), then the first real test and it all goes to shit - no thanks to the utter bastard driving examiner who was some sweaty, stinky old fart who exuded a complete and utter lack of confidence in my abilities, and at one point grabbed the wheel when I was blatantly doing just fine. That guy can fuck right off.

The second examiner (the time I passed), was a cool dude - and a vicar or something religious as well - and he was nice, calm and portrayed confidence in my ability. It made all the difference.

It's odd really, 17 years old and a driving test is literally more terrifying than falling to your death off a 100 storey building.

United Kingdom
    Ha. On the test that I did pass- I was so nervous that I couldn't remember whether the examiner had asked me to turn left or right and when I asked him to repeat the instruction he started wittering on about how "women don't listen"!

The old fuck was still harping on about how his wife didn't listen and his daughters didn't listen when we got back to the test centre!

Lol Clanglee- I hear from Brit friends that have been to the US that all the roads seem overly wide over there
    Last edited by Chic Freak; 07-Feb-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    La freak, c'est chic!

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd quite like to see American roads in person - because they look massive on Cops and America's Most Wanted and all those shows with annoying voice overs and editing ... some of those roads are like runways for planes!

Then again, most things in America are - or at least seem to be - sodding massive. The cars are bigger, the burgers are bigger, the roads and pavements are bigger, the houses are bigger (some are PREPOSTEROUSLY LARGE for so few people), the arses of fat people are bigger than the arses of fat people over here (mostly), the movies are bigger, the teeth are bigger (and whiter) ... and so on...

lol @ "peanud bwudder"

United Kingdom
    Then again, most things in America are - or at least seem to be - sodding massive. The cars are bigger, the burgers are bigger, the roads and pavements are bigger, the houses are bigger (some are PREPOSTEROUSLY LARGE for so few people), the arses of fat people are bigger than the arses of fat people over here (mostly), the movies are bigger, the teeth are bigger (and whiter) ... and so on...

lol @ "peanud bwudder"
    Yeah I re-wrote my sig with phonetic spelling!

We are like goldfish in a smaller tank.
    La freak, c'est chic!

Canada
    the number one cause of car accidents is people with no eyes.

Undisclosed
    I'd quite like to see American roads in person - because they look massive on Cops and America's Most Wanted and all those shows with annoying voice overs and editing ... some of those roads are like runways for planes!

lol @ "peanud bwudder"
    You failed to mention that our penises are bigger, too. Hey, any word on this woman failing, again?

Also, about the roads. In front of house, the freeway is 4 lanes traveling north and 4 lanes traveling south. In Houston, there are sometimes 6 lanes traveling one direction.

Canada
    the only thing you guys have that's bigger then anyone else are your firearms.

Everything else is tiny as fuck.