Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Korean Woman fails drivers test 771 times, going for 772 thursday

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Korean Woman fails drivers test 771 times, going for 772 thursday

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...nse/index.html

Now what the fuck? Seriously, if you can't pass the first 3 attempts, you shouldn't be driving.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Seriously, if you can't pass the first 3 attempts, you shouldn't be driving.
    This post was making me feel better about how long it took me to past my test until I read that, lol
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I'm never gonna learn to drive. I'm 100% serious, I will never understand why people are willing to take on the responsibility of controlling a lethal, hurtling metallic object loaded with combustible fuel at dangerous velocities along a narrow band of tarmac while trying to avoid hitting other hurtling metallic objects going even at velocities faster than theirs, just to get from A to B.

I'll take the bus instead, thanks. Let braver souls take the reins.

United States
    If the roads and drivers in Scotland are anything like the English, I wouldn't drive either. My wife is from England and I was amazed at the sidewalk-sized roads and perpetual twists and curves in that country.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    If the roads and drivers in Scotland are anything like the English, I wouldn't drive either. My wife is from England and I was amazed at the sidewalk-sized roads and perpetual twists and curves in that country.
    Yep, with the exception of motorways (i.e. freeways - and there's NO WAY I'd drive on them) you don't get many wide open straight out roads. We don't have the geography for them.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think after you fail the test 3 times, you should have to wait like 18 months until you're able to re-take it. If someone fails numerous times, they're bound to have an off day where they actually pass the test. Does this mean they are capable of being safe and should be legally able to drive? No.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I'm never gonna learn to drive. I'm 100% serious, I will never understand why people are willing to take on the responsibility of controlling a lethal, hurtling metallic object loaded with combustible fuel at dangerous velocities along a narrow band of tarmac while trying to avoid hitting other hurtling metallic objects going even at velocities faster than theirs, just to get from A to B.

I'll take the bus instead, thanks. Let braver souls take the reins.
    So in essence you are telling me that you would rather put yourself into an even larger hurtling metallic object, with other strangers, a stranger in control who for all you know could be a psyciopath, still loaded with combustible fuel, traveling a velocities unknown, instead of controlling your own destiny.

You sir are brave.

Food for thought eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    This post was making me feel better about how long it took me to past my test until I read that, lol
    Sorry Chic.

Hey I admit I failed my written test first time. I made 5 wrong entries, you're only allowed 4 out of the 20 questions they give you.

However, passed my second time, got my license and now I am a menace to society.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 05-Feb-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Scotland
    So in essence you are telling me that you would rather put yourself into an even larger hurtling metallic object, with other strangers, a stranger in control who for all you know could be a psyciopath, still loaded with combustible fuel, traveling a velocities unknown, instead of controlling your own destiny.
    You see DJ, I am a clumsy, irresponsible, absent-minded person at the best of times. I bump into other people walking down the street. If I was driving, it wouldn't be a matter of if I'd kill myself or someone else, it would be a matter of when.

And yes, if I had to choose (and it's a horrible choice) I'd probably rather put my life in someone else's hands than take other people's lives (and mine) into my own. It's almost a phobia - the idea of fucking up in such a situation scares the absolute hell out of me more than anything.

Either way though, you put your life in other people's hands anyway, every time you get in a car, whether you're behind a wheel or not.

Of course, I'd rather take complete charge of my own destiny and just walk everywhere, but sadly the world is a bit big for that.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 05-Feb-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Scotland
    Meh.

At least when your on the bus you have the good chance of coming out better than the little car they just hit.

Undisclosed
    Passed my written and driving tests with flying colors. Nearly aced them on the first try.

United States
    im with slick ^

Passed my written wand actual driving with flying colors.

Canada
    it's okay everyone. She'll just get a job as a school bus driver. Think about it..she will be perfectly safe in it, and I'd rather her drive my kids to school in a big 10 ton vehicle, then her being behind the wheel of a tiny Honda civic plowing through pedestrians on the side walks.

Super Moderator

United States
    I say put her in a tank and aim her at the DMZ.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    How many questions are on this test and how many versions are there? You'd think at some point she'd have simply memorized the thing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No shit man... I know NY State had 4 different tests, learned that from a friend who worked at the DMV, but it didn't stop me from passing on second try. I think I missed a really goofy trick question on that one I failed.

If I remember, it had something to do with hearing sirens/emergency vehicle wailers, and I think it asked if you hear the sirens what should do?

A. Pull Over
    B. Keep Driving Until you see something, then pull over

I took option A out of caution which to the NY DMV was incorrect

keep in mind this was 22 years ago, and I am trying to go off memory, so the question and answers maybe a bit vague, but it was something along those lines.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!